- Guiding you through the steps of course development
- Assisting you to identify learning objectives
- Advising on how to match instructional strategies to learning objectives
- Helping you develop assignments for different content areas
- Providing consistent, detailed responses to your content development needs
- Designing and uploading the course components to Canvas
- Providing technical expertise on the presentation of course content and activities
- Building your courses using the Montclair template
- Recommending appropriate technologies to enhance instruction and learning activities
- Ensuring that the overall design requirements are carried through to the entire course website
Working with Instructional Designers
The Instructional Design consultation is an opportunity for you to discuss your ideas and expectations for developing a face to face, hybrid, or online course. ID’s are responsible for advising faculty on the application of the Montclair State Instructional Design model and process during course development. We are also responsible for a variety of procedural aspects of the course development process.
The course development process is flexible. It allows the subject-matter expert to focus exclusively on the content. In addition to instructional and technical expertise, the members of the Instructional Design team ensure that course design follows the most recent research for effective learning, and adheres to the development timeline so that the course can be ready when the term begins. Through this model, we hope to facilitate the process and enhance our students’ learning experience.