Process for Requesting Non-Default Apple or Lenovo Computer Equipment
When notified by Information Technology that an existing workstation is expiring, a client may request a non-default workstation (Apple or Lenovo) with appropriate business justification via an email sent to either the Academic Technology Director/Coordinator of the College/School (for Academic Affairs) or the Vice President (for Administrative Areas). The email must include the following:
- Name of Employee
- Title of Employee
- Start Date (for new staff)
- Model Requested – Approved Options
- Justification- Must document why Apple or Lenovo non-default workstations are necessary and why the model selected is required for the client’s needs.
The Academic Technology Director/Coordinator or Vice President will review the justification for consistency with IT guidelines; an incident will be created in ServiceNow to track the request; Requests that do not comply with Information Technology guidelines will be recommended for standard Lenovo laptop or desktop.
The AVP of Technical Support Services will review the request and refer any questions to the requesting employee and the approving VP. After all required approvals are received:
- If items are available, a device will be deployed within 5 business days from the time of approval; or
- If items need to be ordered, device deployment may require 3 weeks or more, depending on ordering and purchase processes.