LEADERS OF THE WORLD 2019
October 9-11, 2019
University Hall Conference Center, 7th floor
Welcome to Montclair State University, a distinguished institution chosen by international students from more than 85 nations!
Our beautiful, 252 acre (102 hectares) campus is located just 12 miles (19 kilometers) from New York City, and 1.5 hours from the Jersey Shore beaches. More than 5,000 students live on campus in a safe and welcoming environment.
Established in 1908, Montclair State University is a leading university in New Jersey and is designated a national Research Doctoral University by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Its eleven colleges and schools serve more than 21,000 undergraduate and graduate students with more than 300 doctoral, master’s, and baccalaureate level programs.
LEADERS OF THE WORLD is proudly hosted by the Office of International Engagement (IE). Our office fosters a welcoming environment for international students, faculty, and scholars who join our diverse community.
We look forward to having you on campus!
For more information or contact:
Jane Ann Williams
Associate Provost, International Engagement
Admissions and Immigration Counselor
Campus Map (with parking and walking instructions)
About LEADERS OF THE WORLD
Leaders of the World provides a venue for leaders in higher education, business, non-profit organizations, and government to engage in critical conversations about the role and impact of issues facing their communities in a changing world.
Keynote speakers share their perspectives to develop open interdisciplinary dialog between leaders spanning the Americas and the Caribbean, Africa, Asia and Europe.
Ambassadors, university presidents, multinational corporate executives as well as leaders in the United Nations and Institute of International Education among others address challenges facing communities at the local, national and international level.
International Education Week is celebrated with a Study Abroad Expo. Faculty students and staff meet international university partners from across the world. Montclair State University faculty and staff showcase degree programs, study abroad programs and research projects. The Expo also features student presentations, dance and multimedia presentations to reflect diverse culture.
LEADERS OF THE WORLD Keynote Presentations, Focused Conversations, and the Expo are free and open to students, faculty, staff and the public.
Leaders of the World: Speakers Series includes seminars covering a wide array of topics of global interest lead by experts in the fields of technology, environmental science, politics and education. These seminars take place throughout the year and across the globe and provide a chance for attendees to gain firsthand knowledge from the best minds in these fields.
Leaders of the World: Culture and Language Immersion customized programs for high school students, college students, professionals and executives to enhance language proficiency and cultural literacy through a three-week course while living on the campus of Montclair State University. Professional participants include Federal Legislature of Argentina, university vice presidents, directors, and deans, medical doctors and attorneys. Youth programs target young scholars and future leaders.
The flagship, Leaders of the World Annual Conference, is a unique, intimate venue for top leaders to meet and discuss common solutions to the challenges facing their communities. LOTW addresses educational, environmental, technological, health, and social challenges of communities as they plan to grow for the 21st century. Topics include Economic Development, Environmental Planning, Emergency Management, and the Role of Education in Building Cities and Nations.
Details to be posted soon.
Details to be posted soon.
There will be an optional NYC Twilight Cruise taking place on Friday, October 11th.
If you would like to register, please email email@example.com
For all cruise participants, there will be roundtrip bus transportation to/from NYC. The bus will depart from Montclair State University campus time 12pm. The shuttle will return to campus at 10pm (optional).
Montclair State University is located at:
1 Normal Avenue,
Montclair, NJ 07043
Getting to Montclair State University
We strongly recommend that you arrange your airline flights to that you arrive at Newark Liberty International Airport (the closest airport to campus). Arrival at LaGuardia or JFK airports located in New York State will require a lengthy drive to campus. We strongly suggest you take a taxi/Uber/Lyft from the airport.
From Newark International Airport
- The cost will be approximately $50 including the customary driver’s tip. Cost should be arranged with the driver before leaving the airport.
- The cost will be approximately $30-50, depending on your hotel’s location. This cost does not include a customary driver’s tip.
- Customary driver’s tip: Typically 10-15% of your ride cost.
The Montclair State University campus is located right next to two train stations. The Montclair Heights train station, located at the south end of campus, is just a few steps away from the main body of the campus. The Montclair State University train station, located at the northwest end of campus, has a campus shuttle service to the main campus area. The Montclair-Boonton line does make stops at both stations.
- New York City (by bus): DeCamp Bus No. 66 leaves from the Port Authority Bus Terminal and drops you off on campus near College Hall. If the bus is not going all the way to campus, get off at Mt. Hebron and Valley roads, turn right (north) on Valley, and walk one block to the Normal Avenue traffic light, then turn left to campus entrance.
- Newark: NJ Transit Bus No. 28 originates at Macy’s, Washington and Hill streets, and terminates its run on campus.
- Paterson: NJ Transit Bus No. 705 travels from Main Street and Broadway in Paterson. Or, NJ Transit Bus No. 72 originates at Broadway Terminal, Paterson, and goes to Broad Street, Bloomfield. Change to No. 28 at Bloomfield Center.
- The Oranges: Take One Bus Co. No. 44 to Main and Day streets in Orange. Connect to NJ Transit Bus No. 92 to Glenwood and Bloomfield avenues. Change to NJ Transit Bus No. 28
- Passaic: NJ Transit Bus No. 705 originates at Main Street and Passaic Avenue in Passaic and travels through Clifton to Montclair State University.
- Wayne: NJ Transit Bus 705 originates at Willowbrook Mall and ends its run on campus.
NJ Transit Trip Planner
If you’d like to use a combination of bus, train, or light rail, you can use the NJ Transit Trip Planner. Just input your start and end points and when you’d like to travel and it’ll search through the schedules for you.
We recommend making a reservation at one of the nearby hotels listed below.
Please note: Conference participants are responsible for booking and paying for their hotel accommodations.
Best Western Fairfield Executive Inn – Fairfield, NJ
- Estimated Uber/Lyft Fare from Newark Airport to Best Western: $45-50
The M.C. Hotel – Montclair, NJ
- Estimate Uber/Lyft Fare from Newark Airport to The M.C. Hotel: $25-30
Courtyard by Marriott – Fairfield, NJ
- Estimated Uber/Lyft Fare from Newark Airport to Courtyard: $35-42