Canvas is the University’s Learning Management System. It is used by instructors to share course materials, post assignments, activities, and much more. Review our information below.
Canvas Student Guides
Canvas for Students FAQs
- How do I log into Canvas?
- You may log into Canvas with your University NetID and Password.
- How do I access my courses?
- Courses you register for on NEST are automatically populated to your Canvas dashboard. Courses are automatically added to your Canvas dashboard every 4 to 6 hours.
While Information Technology makes all courses available three business days prior to the start of the semester, please note instructors reserve the right to publish and unpublish courses on their own.
- Are Canvas Guides available?
- Yes. Both the Canvas Instructor Guide and Canvas Student Guide are available at guide.instructure.com.
- Is Canvas Support available on campus?
- Yes! The Information Technology Service Desk is available to assist with Canvas. Call 973-655-7971, option 3 to be forwarded directly to a Canvas representative. Help is also available via email at email@example.com.
- What version of Canvas are we on?
- Canvas does not use version numbers. All Canvas customers are always on the current version of Canvas. Canvas receives vetted updates every three weeks. For in-depth release notes, visit the Canvas Release Notes page for more information.