Monday, February 19, 2018
The Music Therapy faculty offer the opportunity to learn about the field of music therapy as a career choice, and about MSU’s program. Highlights will include opportunities for networking, class visits, and open discussion with the faculty. This event will be hosted by faculty and current students in the program. Visitors may come for all or part of the day.
- 8:30-9 am
- Arrival/Greetings/Sign-In (Chapin Lobby)
- 9 – 11 am
- Greetings and Orientation to MSU, JJCSOM, and Music Therapy Program (including general summary of the music therapy field, with video examples), Questions and Answers (Leshowitz)
- 11:15-11:45 am
- Tour of Cali School of Music
- 12 – 1 pm
- Lunch Together (Student Center, Cafeteria Area B/C)
- 1:15 – 2:15 pm
- Partial Tour of the Campus (Departing from Student Center)
Contact Dr. Brian Abrams for more information.
Sunday, February 18, 2018
Join us for our annual Brass Day, featuring world-renowned Grammy-winning trumpet artist CJ Camerieri.
- Cali School faculty clinics on jazz improvisation, warmup and practice techniques, audition preparation and more
- Coachings of brass chamber groups in a master class setting
- Solo trumpet master class
- ”Up Close” session on today’s music world with CJ Camerieri (see video)
- All participants will perform in the evening Brass Concert
- Check out instruments and accessories
Clinics begin at 9:30am. Lunch and dinner are available onsite. Visitors are welcome throughout the day.
All Brass Day events are free and open to the public, but space is limited and reservations are required.
For further information or to make a reservation, please contact Brass Coordinator Don Batchelder at 973-715-1862 or email@example.com.
Contact Sasha Enegren for information about upcoming events.
2018 Date – TBA
The MSU ChoralFest is a non-competitive, adjudicated high school choral festival emphasizing vocal and ensemble skill development. A maximum of five choirs will be selected to work with Dr. Heather J. Buchanan and perform in the Alexander Kasser Theater.
To learn about events or schedule visits:
- For university tours, open houses and admissions counseling, see Montclair State University Admissions
- For individual visits to the Cali School, call 973-655-7610
Every year in October, the Cali School celebrates the opening of the school year by presenting Kaleidoscope concerts, where our student and faculty soloists, chamber groups and large ensembles perform. We also present more than 300 daytime and evening concerts and masterclasses by students, faculty and guest artists throughout the year. See Concerts and Events for the most up-to-date listings.