Welcome to summer at Montclair State University! We’re excited for the summer programs that will take place online and on campus during May, June, July and August and have pulled together all the essential library information you’ll need into this post. Contact our Ask a Librarian service if you have any questions.
What’s Required to Enter
Masks are optional in the Library after May 16th.
Summer library hours begin on Friday, May, 13th and vary throughout the summer. In general we are open:
Monday – Thursday, 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Fridays*, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Saturdays*, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
*Note: We’re closed most Fridays during the Summer (during June, July & August), and closed on some Saturdays (mostly in May) as well. There are special hours for the week of the 4th of July when we are closed on the Monday holiday and open on that Friday — July 8th.
When the Library building is closed, please visit the library website at https://www.montclair.edu/library/ for 24 hour access to our online resources.
What’s Open and Available
- Most of our book stacks and study spaces, including some group study rooms.
- Borrowing and Interlibrary Services
- Ask a Librarian in-person and online reference service, including chat, email, text, FAQ and appointments. See reference hours.
- Online and in-person research appointments for faculty, staff and students are held via Zoom or in the library.
- Online workshops and library classes (arranged by instructors) for students on how to do research and use library resources are held over Zoom, in the Library, or in your classroom.
- Laptops, scanners, printing and photocopiers
- Public computers remain available for library research.
What’s Not Available
- See the library status and updates page to keep up to date with the availability of library spaces, services and resources.