Come to the Math Active Learning Center to:
- Understand why you are doing calculations
- Understand the significance of your answers
- Understand problems you cannot currently solve or are unsure of your answer
- Learn how to solve problems and check your answers
Did you know
- Over 70% of our students would recommend a class in the Math Active Learning Center to a friend?
- We have tutors available to help you 60 hours a week?
Courses Run by the Math Active Learning Center
- MATH 100 – Intermediate Algebra
- MATH 103 – The Development of Mathematics
- MATH 109 – Statistics
- MATH 110 – Biostatistics
- MATH 115 – Supplemental Topics in Statistics for the Biological Sciences
Please be aware that tutoring at the Math Active Learning Center is available in the lab or by appointment for students enrolled in Math Active Learning Center classes only.
The Math Active Learning Center provides a superior learning environment coupling a weekly small group active learning session with advanced, user-friendly mathematics technology with personal, on-demand assistance from highly qualified instructors and tutors. Courses are designed to enhance problem-solving skills, utilizing the principle that doing mathematics is the most effective way to learn mathematics.
The Math Active Learning Center is located on the third floor of Conrad J. Schmitt Hall comprising of rooms 329, 340, a small group tutoring room near the Center, and 352.