The undergraduate programs in the mathematical sciences department introduce central ideas in a variety of areas in mathematics. Our formula for success is:
critical thinking + rigorous reasoning = enhanced problem-solving ability
The Mathematics program provides students with a variety of courses in pure and applied mathematics that establish a mathematician’s mentality, and upon completion of any of our programs, students are equipped for careers as well as graduate study.
Mathematics, at its core, exists as a means to reveal and explain patterns, whether the pattern appears as electrical impulses in an animal’s nervous system, as fluctuations in stock market prices, or as fine detail of an abstract geometric figure. Studying mathematics leads to a variety of exciting professional careers in research, engineering, finance, business, government services, or as teachers at all levels.
- BS in Mathematics (MATH)
- BS in Mathematics, Discrete Applied Mathematics Concentration (MADA)
- BS in Mathematics, Mathematics of Finance Concentration (MAFI)
- BS in Mathematics, Statistics Concentration (MSTA)
- Minor in Mathematics
- BS in Mathematics with Teacher Certification in Elementary School Teacher in Grades K-6 (MAEL)
- BS in Mathematics,Mathematics Education Concentration with Teacher Certification in Mathematics, Preschool-Grade 12 (MATE)
Combined Five Year Programs
Combined programs provide a fast-track to getting both a Bachelors and Masters cutting out a year of schooling. See how our five year programs work if you intend to continue your education beyond the undergraduate level!
- BS in Mathematics, MS in Mathematics Pure & Applied Mathematics Concentration (MMBM)
- BS in Mathematics, MS in Statistics (MACB)
- BS in Mathematics, Mathematics of Finance Concentration, MS in Statistics (MFBM)
- BS in Mathematics, Statistics Concentration, MS in Statistics (MSCB)
- BS in Physics, MS in Mathematics
- BS/MAT in Mathematics, Teacher of Students with Disabilities Certification (MABM)