We all feel it, from time to time…stressed! Especially now, we at the University are still doing our very best to come up with some de-stressing, virtual programming for you.
Virtual Weekly Workshops!
The Office of Health Promotion will be offering a variety of our weekly workshops in a virtual space for the remainder of the semester. Follow us on HawkSync & Instagram to stay up to date. We post reminders and updates each week!
- Mondays 1-2 p.m.
- All are welcome to meditate and develop mindfulness in daily life. You can participate in Video or Audio.
- Tuesdays 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Grab a cup of tea, coffee or cocoa and join us virtually for our weekly Fireside Chats! This is a great opportunity to have casual conversations during this stressful and unusual time.
- Tuesdays, 3-4 p.m. and Thursdays, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- An informal and confidential group for students who want to explore their relationship with alcohol and other drugs, self-identify as recovering from alcohol and other drugs, or seeking recovery resources, to network and to support one another in a safe environment.
- For more information and details to participate in this group, contact Dr. Marie Cascarano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This group is only open to Montclair State University students who are currently in recovery from alcohol or other drugs, or actively seeking recovery resources. Please note people looking to observe in order to fulfill academic requirements or for any other reason will NOT be permitted.
Virtual Fun @ 1 Series
The Center for Student Involvement came up with a list of fun activities to do on their Instagram @MSUCSI, check it out!
- Self-Care Sunday: Every Sunday at 1 p.m., get a new self-care tip!
- Mood Monday: Weekly discussions on a variety of topics!
- Tutorial Tuesday: Learn something new every Tuesday at 1 p.m.
- What’s Up Wednesday: Answer the weekly question at 1 p.m. on Wednesdays!
- Trivia Thursday: Compete in a Kahoot Trivia on a variety of topics – it opens 1 p.m. on every Thursday until 11 a.m. on Friday. Winners will be announced Friday afternoon. No prizes will be given – this is just for fun!
- Friday Photo: Join @MSUCommutes and @MSUCSI on Instagram to share a photo! Photo subjects will be posted on both @MSUCSI and @MSUCommutes Instagram pages.
Suicide Prevention Help
If you, or someone you know, are in crisis and are thinking about or planning suicide please reach out to Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at 973-655-5211 during regular University business hours. After hours contact counselor the University Police Department at 973-655-5222. This support is available to you 24/7.
For more information, please visit the Suicide Prevention Help web page.