Hire a Red Hawk is Montclair State’s easy-to-use job/internship search and career planning tool. It is being used by thousands of employers looking to hire college students just like YOU!
How Can Hire a Red Hawk Help Me?
All Montclair State students can use Hire a Red Hawk to search and find both on- and off-campus job/internship opportunities. Look what you can do on Hire a Red Hawk:
- Easily find and apply to jobs and internships that match your program of study and interests.
- Request a career counseling appointment with your designated Career Services Director.
- Build your resume with Resume Builder and submit it for critique.
- Sharpen your interview skills with Mock Interviews.
- RSVP to on-campus interviews, employer information sessions, career fairs and workshops.
- Stand out to your favorite employers through a customized student profile.
- Network with recruiters and hiring managers to learn about job/internship opportunities, company culture, campus visits, and much more!
How Can I Access My Account?
If you are a current Montclair State undergraduate or graduate student, an account on Hire a Red Hawk has been created for you! To access your Hire a Red Hawk account you must first log into your NEST account, (using your University NetID and password) then click on the menu item “Career Services” where you will find the Hire a Red Hawk link.
After You Log In..
In order to apply to jobs in Hire a Red Hawk you must first submit your resume for one-time approval by the Director of Career Services in your School/College. Learn how to build or upload your resume for review. After your resume has been approved you can then apply for jobs/internship for which you qualify.
Email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- University NetID
- Status (Current Student/Alum)
- Program of Study
- Phone Number
- Summary of Issue
Connect with Career Services
- Contact - email@example.com | 973-655-5194
- Facebook - Red Hawk Careers
- Twitter - MSUcareerserv
- LinkedIn - MSU Career Center
What Kind of Opportunities are Posted?
- Fashion Show Operations Intern: Montclair Center BID
- Part-Time Supervisor: UPS
- Senior Analyst Finance: Toys R Us
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon Internship: NBCUniversal
- IT Assistant and Help Desk Coordinator: Lincoln Center for Performing Arts
- Program Facilitator: Girl Scouts of Northern NJ
What Career Events are Coming Up?
- QuadJobs Tabling Event: Tuesday, October 3, 11:30 a.m. - 3 p.m., Student Center Lobby.
- HomeTowne TV Info Session: Wednesday, October 4, 12-1 p.m., Student Center, Room 417.
- Job Interviews: What to Expect and How to Prepare: Thursday, October 5, 1:30-2:30 p.m., Student Center, Room 417.
- Careers with the U.S. Navy: Wednesday, October 11, 1-2 p.m., Student Center, Room 417.
- Majors and Careers - Make the Connection: Wednesday, October 11, 1-2 p.m., Student Center, Room 419.