When it opens this fall, the new state-of-the-art home for the School of Communication and Media will be the most technologically advanced broadcast and media production facility at any university in the nation. The new building embodies Montclair State University’s commitment to providing future media and communication professionals with the leading-edge training and skills they need for career success.
“Our students will gain the competitive advantage of mastering technology that not only meets industry standards but that in many instances goes well beyond,” says College of the Arts Dean Daniel Gurskis. “This dynamic working environment is the perfect complement to a rigorous, transdisciplinary curriculum that allows students to pursue majors in communication, television and digital media, filmmaking, journalism, and public and organizational relations.” Recent graduates are pursuing careers with industry leaders ranging from ABC and CBS to NBC and The New York Observer.
The new building’s integrative and innovative design brings faculty, professionals and academic programs together to reimagine the future of communication and media. “Montclair State has a long and proud tradition of preparing professionals for the communication and media industries,” notes Gurskis. “With the new building, we’re taking the highly anticipated next step in our history.”
Here are the “Top 10” cutting-edge teaching, production, collaboration and research features and a few photos of the spectacular new building:
Top 10 School of Communication and Media building features:
- A 187-seat presentation hall powered by Sony Digital Cinema Projection and Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound
- A 40-seat screening room powered by Sony Digital Cinema Projection and Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound
- Four broadcast-ready HD and 4K studio and control rooms boast the most extensive implementation of 4K technology at any North American university
- A motion picture stage
- Contemporary, broadcast-ready newsroom built to integrate media platforms
- Interactive, collaborative learning spaces
- Multimedia labs
- Advanced audio suite featuring Foley stage, performance stage and audio sound labs
- State-of-the-art radio control rooms
- Inviting public spaces, as well as informal learning spaces and team rooms