The School of Nursing is advocating for the voice of the Montclair State University community to be heard.
On March 11, 2021, President Biden announced the next phase of the White Houses’ national strategy against the COVID-19 pandemic. This phase involves making every adult in the United States eligible for vaccination no later than May 1, 2021 by increasing the number of approved vaccination sites.
With the end of the Spring 2021 semester rapidly approaching, we are asking for your assistance in making the vaccination of all higher education campuses a priority. It is important that when college students return to their local communities for the summer, they are safe and able to keep their communities safe.
Let your voice be heard. Please consider sending a letter to New Jersey’s elected officials and advocate for the vaccination of all college students before they return home for the summer.
Below are some helpful links to help you get in contact with Governor Murphy, Senator Booker, Senator Menendez, and your district representative:
- Governor Murphy – https://www.nj.gov/governor/contact/all/
- Senator Booker – https://www.booker.senate.gov/contact
- Senator Menendez – https://www.menendez.senate.gov/contact
- District Representative: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/NJ#representatives
Thank you for your attention to this important matter.
- Janice Smolowitz, Dean, School of Nursing
- Courtney Reinisch, Associate Professor, School of Nursing
A suggested template written by the School of Nursing can be found as a Word Document here.