Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and Food Science: Dietetics (BS DPD)
Incoming freshmen, second bachelor’s students, and transfer students who are interested in becoming Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDN) must start their course of study in one of the other three concentrations in the Department of Nutrition and Food Studies: Applied Nutrition and Wellness, Food Science, or Food Systems.
Students in those concentrations who wish to be admitted to the Dietetics concentration must apply after having met the application requirement below:
- Completed at least 14 credits of coursework at Montclair State including NUFD150, NUFD192, CHEM113, and STAT109 (or equivalent coursework at other institutions)
- Achieved a minimum GPA of 3.2 with no grades lower than a “C” (2.0) in DPD courses
Evidence of leadership roles and/or nutrition-related experience will also be considered; however, an applicant’s GPA will be given the highest consideration.
To apply, the following materials must be submitted via CANVAS application portal during the application period.
- Application form (online application)
- Unofficial transcript(s) from college(s) attended other than Montclair State University
- Unofficial Montclair State University transcript (must reflect final grades from most recently-ended semester).
- Applicants for Fall semester will only be considered if the online application is completed in its entirety and received by May 31 at 11:59 pm. Decisions will be emailed by July 1.
- Applicants for Spring semester will only be considered if the online application is completed in its entirety and received by Jan 8 at 11:59 pm. Decisions will be emailed by Jan 16.
Maintenance of a minimum 3.2 GPA is needed throughout the program with demonstration of professional and ethical behaviors and academic integrity of the student. If a student’s GPA falls below 3.2, meeting with faculty adviser is required to establish a plan of action for academic improvement. A grade of “C” or better is needed for all DPD coursework to be eligible to receive an ACEND Verification Statement.