Online Graduate Programs for PreK-12 Educators
Graduate online courses starting in May and June 2023.
Posted in: Montclair State Online
Montclair State University offers rigorous training, innovative research, and a network of partnerships to prepare teachers for the future of learning. Our forward-thinking, online programs are designed to help you learn and grow as educators. Developed with the working professional in mind, Montclair Online master’s degree and certificate programs provide students with the flexibility and convenience needed to balance life’s demands while building career-enhancing skills and credentials. As a public university, Montclair State is among the most affordable option for advancing your education.
Programs starting Summer 2023
- Bilingual/Bicultural Teacher Certification – Online
(12 Graduate Credits)
- Educational Assessment Certificate – Online
(9 Graduate Credits)
- Gifted and Talented Certificate – Online
(9 Graduate Credits)
- Virtual Learning for Students with Disabilities – Certificate (Online)
(6 Graduate Credits)
The online certificate in Virtual Learning for Students with Disabilities will prepare you to use technology to meet the the needs of all students, with the goal of supporting their academic independence and ensuring their full academic and social participation. All types of education professionals, such as general education teachers in inclusive classrooms, special educators working across a range of classroom settings, paraprofessionals, administrators, and related service providers, will gain immediately applicable skills in instructional technologies and assessment methods, including the development of accessible, high-quality instruction. The use and access to technology in the classroom will continue to grow and change how we teach and how students learn. Offered as a standalone, graduate-level course, Special Topics in Special Education – 32096 – SPED 680 – 51, includes immediately applicable tools and strategies you can integrate into your P-12 classroom. Course runs from May 16, 2023 – June 22, 2023.
- K-12 Computer Science Teaching – Certificate (Online)
(15 Graduate Credits)Montclair’s K-12 Computer Science Teaching graduate certificate is designed for equity-oriented teachers seeking to meet the demand for high-quality computer science education. The 15-credit, fully online certificate in K-12 Computer Science Teaching will prepare you with the tools, pedagogy, and content necessary to incorporate computer science (CS) curriculum into your K-12 classroom. Taught by faculty in the departments of Teaching and Learning and Computer Science, coursework will cover CS content, including coding, programming, problem-solving through computational thinking, equity and diversity in CS fields, and research-based methods of teaching computer science. Courses start May and June 2023.
Computer Science Principles – 32046 – CSIT 500 – 51 runs from May 16, 2023 – August 03, 2023.
Equity in Computer Science Education – 32087 – TLRN 501 – 51 runs from June 26, 2023 – August 20, 2023.
Programs starting Fall 2023
- Teaching Middle Grades Mathematics
Elementary School Certification with Subject Matter Specialization: Mathematics in Grades 5-8 OnlineGain a broad understanding of the fundamental principles that underlie middle school mathematics, while making practical connections to the classroom. Increased mathematics content and pedagogical knowledge will result in an enhanced level of confidence and appreciation of mathematics in teachers and students.
- The Elementary School Teacher Certification with Subject Matter Specialty: Math 5-8 includes five content courses and offers an additional teaching endorsement for grades 5-8 mathematics. Teachers certified in disciplines other than mathematics, including elementary school and middle grades science, can become certified to teach mathematics in Grades 5-8. Courses in this program are offered fully online and count towards the Master of Arts degree in Teaching Middle Grades Mathematics. For more information, contact Jonathan Cutler, Graduate Program Coordinator for Middle Grades Mathematics.
- Educational Leadership MA, Supervisor Certification and Principal Certification – Online
- Teaching Middle Grades Mathematics, MA – Online