In order to gain admission into the program students must submit:
- An application.
- $60 application fee (non-refundable).
For Fall 2018 Online MS-PSM applicants the application fee is waived!
- Official copies of the academic transcript from each college and/or university attended, documenting an earned undergraduate degree.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from persons qualified to evaluate the applicant’s promise of academic achievement and potential for professional growth.
- Official transcripts are required from each school you have attended.
- An official transcript bears the raised seal of an academic institution and is sent directly to The Graduate School by the institution. You may also include your official transcript in a sealed envelope with the institution’s registrar’s signature or seal with your application.
- If you studied under a maiden name or prior name, your institution must indicate both prior and current names on your transcript.
- Do not request a transcript from the Montclair State University Registrar if Montclair is listed on your application as a previous or current institution. The Graduate School will obtain your Montclair State University transcript directly.
- Including your U.S. social security number on your transcript or transmittal sheet will expedite processing of your application.
- All applicants, other than non-degree applicants, are required to submit letters of recommendation to The Graduate School. Recommendations from professors in your undergraduate major field of study who are familiar with your academic work are ideal.
- If you have been out of school for a considerable time period, you should submit letters from employers, supervisors or other professionals who can comment on your background, experiences, and motivation to succeed. Friends, family members or fellow students are not appropriate sources for letters of recommendation, and many graduate programs will not review your application if it includes letters from these sources.
All candidates must meet application and admission requirements as defined by The Graduate School.