Our online programs provide students with the flexibility and convenience of attending an online class at anytime from anywhere. You will access your online coursework in Canvas, an accessible learning management system.
Please see the links below for information relating to Canvas:
Center for Writing Excellence (CWE)
- Citing Sources
A large variety of citation management tools are available to help you record and cite your research sources.
- Digital Dashboard
View the CWE Digital Dashboard, which is filled with online resources for writers, researchers and teachers ranging from grammar help to tips on evaluating writing and much more.
- Step 1: New students will find their NetID by logging into their application portal and viewing the Decision letter.
- Step 2: Activate/Set up your NetID.
- Step 3: Access your Montclair email account.
Your NetID will:
- Give you a unique electronic identity for access to university online services, including email
- Set up your email account so that you can:
- Receive vital university communications
- Gain off-campus access to library databases and other resources
- Gain access to Canvas
For more information, please contact the technology helpline at 973-655-7971.
- Electronic Resources
The University’s Sprague Library provides access to a wide variety of electronic databases, articles and video/audio streaming.
Electronic Reserves (E-Reserves) are an online resource located in the Montclair State University Canvas course management system. Electronic reserves provides web access to course-related readings and other materials selected by instructor.
- Research Guides
- Library Services
View student library services including EndNote.
- Library YouTube
Get up to speed on the library resources by viewing our short training videos.
Students who are part of an online degree program are eligible to receive free Microsoft Office. All you need is a Montclair State University email address.
NEST (Network Engagement and Student/Staff Transactions) is the primary web gateway for student and faculty/staff self-service. NEST gives you single-sign-on access for many of your student services.
Go to NEST.
Through NEST students are able to:
- Register for classes.
- Pay tuition bills.
- Review academic audit.
- Review financial aid award information.
- Access the University catalog via CourseLeaf.
- Access Quicklinks to Canvas, Email, Library & the University directory.
Paying Your Bill
The Academic Support Center offers online tutoring appointments and workshops to provide additional support to help you succeed in your online courses.