Our Family Orientation is a unique one-day experience that takes place on Day 2 of your student’s Overnight Orientation. The goal of Family Orientation is to build a collaborative support system for your student as well as introduce you to the many offices and resources available on campus.
A full detailed schedule for summer 2020 is coming soon. But take a look at what we did last year:
- Day 1 Check-In: 2-3:30 p.m. in Blanton Hall
- Welcome Social & Hop-On / Hop-Off Campus Tour
- Overnight check-in will be from 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the Village Apartments, Abbot and Costello Welcome Center.
- Day 2 Check-In: 8-9 a.m. in University Hall, 7th Floor Conference Center
- Formal Welcome and Breakfast
- Presentations from Academic Colleges, Residence Life, Commuter Life, Dining Services, Health Services, Financial Aid, Student Accounts and so much more!
- Parking: Free parking is included in the CarParc Diem Parking Garage.
Please Note: Families have the option of attending both Day 1 / Day 2 of Orientation OR just one of the two days. All information about the University will be provided during Day 2 of Orientation. If you are staying on-campus overnight, please remember to check-in will not be until 6:30 p.m. on Day 1.
- Family Orientation costs $35.00 per person in attendance. The cost includes events for both days of Orientation as well as breakfast and the family information bag.
- You can pay online with a credit card or in person with cash or check.
- If you are interested in attending, your student can register you online through the Orientation Registration Portal or you can register in person day of Orientation.
Family members are welcome to attend any of our offered Family Orientation sessions, even if your student is attending on a different day. We recognize that your schedules can be difficult, so please feel free to attend any of our offered Orientations listed below. All Freshmen Family Orientations take place in University Hall, 7th Floor Conference Center
- 2020 Family Orientation Dates Coming Soon!
Accommodations are available both on and off-campus for families that wish to stay over.
- Location: The Village Apartment Complex located at 100 Clove Road, Little Falls, NJ
- Cost: $44.00 fee for each family member.
- Check-In / Check-Out Times: 6:30 p.m. for Check-In, 8 a.m. for Check-Out
- Parking: Free parking is available at the CarParc Diem Parking Garage during Orientation, and at the Village Apartment Complex parking lot overnight.
- Linens, including Twin XL Bed Sheets or Sleeping Bag
- Pillow / Blanket
- Bathroom Amenities
- Shampoo / Conditioner
- Personal Toiletries
Please Note: No one under the age of 17 is permitted to stay on-campus overnight as a guest.
If you would like to stay at a hotel, please feel free to check out the surrounding areas! There are plenty of options. Air BnB is also another great option!
The Freshman Family Orientation program is designed for adult participation and is not recommended for children. All minors must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times while on University grounds.