On behalf of the Center for Leadership and Engagement, we would like to congratulate and welcome you to Montclair State University! We’re hard at work planning an exciting Virtual Orientation program for our new Red Hawks!
There are three mandatory components to your Virtual Orientation designed to acclimate you to the culture and campus at Montclair State University. The participation and completion of each component are mandatory for all incoming students.
Components of Your Virtual Freshman Orientation
- Attend a Virtual Freshman Orientation based on your accepted major (summer only).
- See the date below for spring 2021.
About the Course
In addition to your Live Virtual Orientation, you need to complete the New Student Orientation Winter 2021 online Orientation course via Canvas, Montclair State University’s online learning platform.
An invitation from Canvas will be sent to your Montclair State University email address with a link to join the New Student Orientation Winter 2021 course.
This course consists of a series of modules that will introduce you to all the resources available to you as a student at Montclair State. The completion of this course is mandatory for all new students.
Once you complete the course you are eligible to receive a Montclair State University t-shirt! Shirts are limited and will be given out on a first-come, first-served basis.
New to Canvas?
Canvas is used to publish course materials, create assignments and quizzes, foster interaction, and more.
Login to Canvas with your NetID and password to access the course. For help with accessing your NetID and password, visit the NetID Account Management Center. You can also check out the Canvas Student Information web page for more information about the Canvas platform.
Red Hawk Day only occurs during the summer.
Virtual Freshman Orientation Details
Due to the current events, we will continue to host Orientation through a Virtual Experience. It is designed to help you successfully begin your first year at Montclair State University with a mixture of pre-recorded and live presentations by staff and faculty.
Freshman students accepted for spring 2021 must sign up for the Virtual Freshman Orientation hosted in January.
Date for Spring 2021 Virtual Freshman Orientation
- Thursday, January 14, 2021, 9-11:30 a.m.
- Virtual Freshman Orientation will be hosted on Zoom. After registering, an email confirmation will be sent with further instructions and information.
- Virtual Orientation is MANDATORY for all new students.
- If you are planning on changing your major, contact Undergraduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like more information on the status of COVID-19 within the Montclair State University community please visit Montclair State University’s Corona virus website.
Registration will open Mid-October.
- Login to your application as a Returning User with the same email and password you used to apply to Montclair State University.
- Once signed in, click on your Freshman Application and select New Student Orientation Registration.
- After you fill out the registration form, you will receive a confirmation email that includes more details about your Virtual Orientation.
Want More Info on Orientation?
Don’t worry, we’ve got the answers to your questions.
For other questions on the Virtual Orientation Experience please email us at email@example.com or ask us on our Live Chat!