On behalf of the Center for Leadership and Engagement, we would like to congratulate and welcome you to Montclair State University! We’re hard at work planning an exciting On-Campus and Virtual Orientation experience for our new Red Hawks!
There are three mandatory components to your Orientation designed to help acclimate you to the culture and campus at Montclair State University. The participation and completion of each component are mandatory for all incoming students.
Components of Your Freshman Orientation
- Registration is now closed for our Summer Orientation Programs. Please follow these steps to register for one of the make up (mini) Orientation Programs.
- Register for the (mini) Orientation Program – Complete this quick form to sign up for the final (mini) Orientation Programs for Fall 2021.
- Mark in your Calendar – You will receive a confirmation message with the summary of your responses, including the date and time of the program you selected.
- Download / Update Zoom – Make sure to have the latest version of Zoom downloaded.
- Check your Email – You will receive a link to your Orientation Zoom Meeting within 24 hours prior to the event.
For questions, or to resubmit your response, please contact the Orientation Team at email@example.com
About the Course
This course is open to students accepted for the fall 2021 semester.
In addition to your Orientation, you need to complete the New Student Orientation Online course via Canvas, Montclair State University’s online learning platform.
This course consists of a series of modules that will introduce you to all the resources available to you as a student at Montclair State. The completion of this course is mandatory for all new students.
You can log in to Canvas with your NetID and password to access the course.
New to Canvas?
Canvas is used to publish course materials, create assignments and quizzes, foster interaction, and more.
Log in to Canvas with your NetID and password to access the course. For help with accessing your NetID and password, visit the NetID Account Management Center. You can also check out the Canvas Student Information web page for more information about the Canvas platform.
Red Hawk Day will take place on Wednesday, September 1, 2021. Learn More About Red Hawk Day!
Freshman Orientation Details
Freshman Orientation is designed to help you successfully begin your first year at Montclair State University by providing you with the opportunity to meet faculty, staff, current students, and your peers.
Freshman students accepted for fall 2021 must sign up for one Freshman Orientation session.
- The Orientation Program is MANDATORY for all new students.
- The Summer Orientation Programs are no longer available.
- Registration for the make-up (mini) Orientation Programs is NOW available.
- Registration closes 48 hours before each Orientation session.
- The (mini) Orientation Programs are only being hosted on Zoom.
Want More Info on Orientation?
Don’t worry, we’ve got the answers to your questions.
For other questions about the Freshman Orientation Experience, please check out the Frequently Asked Questions page, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or message us on our Live Chat!