Top Ten Takeaways from Orientation
Or the Top Ten Things We Want You to Remember After Orientation
- Download and utilize the NEST Mobile app.
- The NEST mobile app is your hub for all things Montclair State University including your class schedule!
- Meeting new people is awkward, but that’s okay!
- Embrace your awkward and put yourself out there by introducing yourself to new people, attending events and getting involved in your classes and on campus.
- Get to know your faculty.
- Get to know your faculty by visiting their office hours and connect with your Academic Advisor regularly for guidance on your road to graduation.
- Utilize your Academic Advisor.
- Every student is assigned an Academic Advisor. Once the semester begins you can find yours in Degree Works through NEST. They serve as a guide through your road to graduation and provide academic advice.
- Take advantage of a meal plan that works best for you.
- Whether you’re a commuter or residential student, meal plans of different sizes, types and price points are available to fit your needs.
- The Policies and Procedures are more than a set of rules, it’s a guideline for being a Red Hawk!
- Read through and make sure you understand our policies and expectations for conduct.
- Sign up for RAVE Text Alerts.
- Sign up for RAVE Text Alerts to receive emergency notifications on inclement weather, on-campus emergencies, etc.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help!
- The Montclair State experience will be full of challenges and successes. If you’re struggling academically, socially, emotionally or mentally, know the resources available and more importantly don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Take advantage of experiences beyond the classroom!
- Stay connected!