There are so many different departments and organizations on campus. Don’t have them all memorized? Not a problem!
Center for Leadership and Engagement
As your hosts for Orientation, the Center for Leadership and Engagement runs Freshman, Transfer, Military/Veteran and KIPP Scholar Orientation programs.
The Center for Leadership and Engagement also houses Adult Learners and the Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver program on top of the Military/Veteran Students and KIPP Scholar students.
Center for Student Involvement
The Center for Student Involvement complements the academic program and improves the overall experience of students by providing social, cultural and educational opportunities outside of the classroom. We are here to provide a fun, fulfilling and memorable experience for you and enhance your life as a Red Hawk.
- We’ll provide calendars full of activities. Take advantage of all of the opportunities we have for you and get involved with any of our 125+ organizations, including fraternities and sororities.
- Find leadership opportunities to help build professional skills, enhance your resume and create a strong network of connections
- Commuter students can find a home here, through support, connections and engagement from Office of Commuter Life
- The Volunteer Resource Center (VRC) can connect you to service opportunities both on- and off-campus
- The online platform, HawkSync, is the hub for student involvement on campus. You can login with your NetID at the HawkSync site. Best of all, you can already access HawkSync before you come to campus in August.
- Learn more about each of the 125+ organizations, when their upcoming events are happening and join the organization(s)
- View many of the departments on campus, what they have to offer, leadership positions they have, upcoming events and ways to get involved
- Personalize HawkSync – see only what you want to see. Your feed will display only the clubs/organizations/departments that you have joined and/or are following
- View the calendar of upcoming events – there’s something happening every day!
- Manage your co-curricular transcript
Montclair State University’s Office of Commuter Life aims to create and provide fun, social and educational events to help you get the most out of your college career. Look to us for a wealth of resources relative to parking and transit info, commuter life, student involvement and more! Stay connected with us on social media (@MSUcommutes) and HawkSync to be in the know while on the go, and maybe win a prize or two on the way! We can’t wait to meet you, and again, WELCOME HOME!
Stop by our office in Student Center, Room 260, to learn all about what we’ve got planned for you; or catch some “R & R” at any of our Commuter Pit Stops located all throughout campus.
Counseling and Psychological Services
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) offers short-term individual and group counseling to students, as well as a variety of educational and community outreach programming designed to promote wellness in the campus community.
- All counseling services are free, voluntary and confidential
- Call or stop by the office to schedule an initial telephone screening to initiate services
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling
- Case management and referral
- Psychiatry services
- Outreach programming
- Let’s Talk (walk-in consultation and support hours)
Dean of Students
The mission of the Dean of Students Department within the Division of Student Development and Campus Life is to provide a growth-enhancing environment in which all Montclair State University students learn and develop to their fullest potential.
The offices and centers in the Dean of Students Department work together to promote the psychological, physical, intellectual, occupational, spiritual and ethical wellness of all students. Students are served through the appropriate direct interventions and the delivery of services and information that enable them to reach their academic and personal development goals.
The Office of Student Financial Aid assists eligible students in meeting their educational expenses while attending Montclair State University. Need-based assistance is provided in the form of loans, grants and student employment. Many of the questions you have concerning financial aid can be answered by visiting the Office of Student Financial Aid website.
Financial Aid Important Information:
- The FAFSA priority deadline is March 15
- Montclair State University School Code: 002617
- The website to complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is: fafsa.ed.gov
- Monitor NEST for financial aid eligibility
The Office of Residence Life is dedicated to engaging our students within an inclusive community which fosters knowledge and promotes leadership. We are committed to making on-campus living one of the most lasting influences on a student’s life. From structured activities sponsored by residence hall staff and hall councils, to spur-of-the- moment informal gatherings, our emphasis is on developing an individual’s sense of responsibility, while at the same time encouraging personal growth.
- First-year students may be assigned to live in Blanton Hall, Bohn Hall, Dinallo Heights, Freeman Hall or Machuga Heights
- Returning students may choose to live in Blanton Hall, Dinallo Heights, Freeman Hall, Hawk Crossings, Machuga Heights, Russ Hall, Sinatra Hall or the Village at Little Falls
- We offer 14 Living Learning Communities
- We employ over 250 student staff members as Resident Assistants, Resident Assistant Coordinators, Service Assistants, Service Assistant Coordinators and Residential Tutors
- We are home to three Academic Resource Centers that provide evening and weekend tutoring services and a Mediation Resource Center to encourage positive, productive communication and conflict resolution
The Office of Student Accounts is responsible for the timely dissemination of accurate information relating to a student’s finances account. The office also acts as the University’s administrative center for processing student payments, payment plans, credits, refunds and school-sponsored health insurance and bills. All billing information will be available electronically on NEST.
- Invoicing and collecting revenue from tuition, fees, room, board and various other miscellaneous charges or finances
- Processing updates for registration, student refunds, Financial Aid, Residence Life and Dining Services
- Providing the highest quality of professional service to our customers in an effort to assist them in the achievement of their financial goals
- Administering employee/third-party reimbursement payments and/ or scholarships
- Process all student refunds
Important Student Accounts Information:
- Do not forget to waive health insurance by the established deadline
- Further information located at Student Health Insurance
- Help with payment plans.
- Further information located at Tuition Payment Plan
Title IX and the Office for Social Justice and Diversity
The Office for Social Justice and Diversity is located in Student Center, Room 113 and includes the following identity-based centers:
- The Center for Faith and Spirituality
- The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer Center
- Multicultural Center
- Women’s Center
We also provide a multitude of workshops, training and services to students and staff on equity and diversity as well as with Bias and Title IX information.
University Health Center
The University Health Center is a comprehensive outpatient health care facility serving all registered Montclair State University students. Our mission is to keep you well during your academic career and to assist students in making healthy lifestyle decisions. Care is provided by nurse practitioners, registered nurses and collaborating physicians from our community.
Services available include:
- Diagnosis and treatment of illnesses and injuries
- Laboratory services, ECG testing, on-site prescription medications including contraception
- Employment and sports physicals
- Preventive health screening, STI testing, immunizations and women’s health examinations
- Sexual assault forensic examinations and medical treatment
- Online health services at MyHealth