What is required to activate my benefits?
- Visit the VA website and apply for the appropriate veteran benefit.
- If you have used the Post 9/11 GI Bill at another institution please update your information to show Montclair State University.
- After activation, Veteran Affairs will send your Certificate of Eligibility (C.O.E.). Once you receive your C.O.E., email it along with your DD214 (if applicable) to email@example.com.
- If you are in the National Guard and will be using the National Guard Waiver, email a copy signed by both you and your Commander to firstname.lastname@example.org. Per the National Guard, you will need to apply for federal financial aid every academic year in order for your NG Waiver to be applied.
- Apply for federal financial aid! All students may apply to federal financial aid, however, only students using the National Guard Waiver need to apply.
Who do I need to meet with after being accepted?
- Contact the department of your major and schedule an appointment with a departmental advisor. Use the search feature on Montclair State University website to search for your department’s contact information.
- Schedule an on-boarding appointment with your designated Veteran/Military Affiliated Student Advisor and School Certifying Official.
Who can Military Affiliated students contact for assistance?