On behalf of the Center for Leadership and Engagement, we would like to congratulate and welcome you to Montclair State! We’re hard at work planning an exciting Virtual Orientation program for our new Red Hawks!
There are three mandatory components to your Virtual Orientation designed to acclimate you to the culture and campus at Montclair State University. Participation and completion of each component are mandatory for all incoming students.
Connect | Virtual Transfer Orientation
- Attend a Virtual Transfer Orientation. See the dates below.
- Learn | New Student Orientation Winter 2021 Online Canvas Course
- Invitation to Online Canvas Orientation will be sent starting mid-October to your Montclair State University Email.
- Engage | Red Hawk Day (summer only)
Virtual Transfer Orientation
Due to the current events, we will continue to host Orientation through a Virtual Experience. It is designed to help you successfully begin your first year at Montclair State University with a mixture of pre-recorded and live presentations by staff and faculty.
Transfer students accepted for Spring 2021 must sign up for a Virtual Transfer Orientation. See dates and instructions on how to register below.
- Virtual Transfer Orientation will be hosted on Zoom. After registering, an email confirmation will be sent with further instructions and information.
- Virtual Orientation is MANDATORY for all new students.
- If you are planning on changing your major, contact Undergraduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like more information on the status of COVID-19 within the Montclair State University community please visit Montclair State University’s Coronavirus website.
Dates for Virtual Transfer Orientation
Thursday, November 19: 9-11 a.m.
Tuesday, December 8: 2-4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, January 6: 9-11:30 a.m.
Tuesday, January 12: 2:-4:30 p.m.
*Note: The University is closed on the weekends. We do not offer weekend orientations.
- Login to your application as a Returning User with the same email and password you used to apply to Montclair State University.
- Once signed in, click on your Transfer Application and select New Student Orientation Registration.
- After you fill out the registration form, you will receive a confirmation email that includes more details about your Virtual Orientation.
Want More Info On Orientation?
Don’t worry, we’ve got the answers to your questions. Read Frequently Asked Questions.
For other questions on the Virtual Orientation Experience please email us at email@example.com or ask us on our Live Chat!