On behalf of the Center for Leadership and Engagement, we would like to congratulate and welcome you to Montclair State University! We’re hard at work planning an exciting On-Campus and Virtual Orientation experience for our new Red Hawks!
There are three mandatory components to your Orientation designed to help acclimate you to the culture and campus at Montclair State University. The participation and completion of each component are mandatory for all incoming students.
Components of Your Winter 2022 Transfer Orientation
Registration will open the week of October 25, 2021. Please review the dates below to plan for your registration.
On-Campus options for Transfer Orientation
- Thursday, November 18, 2021 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 12, 2021 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 11, 2022 from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Virtual options for Transfer Orientation
- Tuesday, November 30, 2021 from 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Thursday, December 16, 2021 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 12, 2022 from 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
More details will be announced shortly.
About the Course
This course is for new students accepted for the Spring 2022 semester.
The course will open November 1, 2021.
In addition to your Orientation, you need to complete the New Student Orientation Online course via Canvas, Montclair State University’s online learning platform.
This course consists of a series of modules that will introduce you to all the resources available to you as a student at Montclair State. The completion of this course is mandatory for all new students.
You can log in to Canvas with your NetID and password to access the course.
IMPORTANT: If you do not have a NetID yet, you will not be able to access the course. Please visit the Transfer Student Checklist page and follow the instructions for the “Activate your NetID” step.
New to Canvas?
Canvas is used to publish course materials, create assignments and quizzes, foster interaction, and more.
Log in to Canvas with your NetID and password to access the course. For help with accessing your NetID and password, visit the NetID Account Management Center. You can also check out the Canvas Student Information web page for more information about the Canvas platform.
Revisit the Transfer Student Checklist page and make sure you have either reviewed or completed all the next steps needed to be a successful new Red Hawk!
This may include steps necessary to activating your NetID, obtaining your student ID card, and completing mandatory health requirements.
Transfer Orientation Details
Transfer Orientation is designed to help you successfully begin your first year at Montclair State University by providing you with the opportunity to meet faculty, staff, current students, and your peers.
This winter we will host On-Campus and Virtual Orientation sessions. Students will have the ability to pick one Orientation session that best fits their needs.
Transfer students accepted for Spring 2022 must sign up for the Transfer Orientation Program.
- The Orientation Program is MANDATORY for all new students. You must register for either an On-Campus or Virtual Transfer Orientation Program.
- On-Campus Transfer Orientation is limited to a maximum of 100 students per session due to capacity limits. Registration is available on a first-come basis.
- There is no wait-list for On-Campus Transfer Orientation. Once On-Campus registration is full, you will need to register for a Virtual Transfer Orientation Program.
- Virtual Transfer Orientation will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering for your Transfer Orientation, a confirmation email will be sent to your personal and MSU email addresses with further instructions and information.
- Transfer Orientation is MANDATORY for all new students.
- Registration closes 48 hours before each Orientation session.
- If a family member is attending Family Orientation, you must select a date and register them within the New Student Orientation Registration form.
- If you would like more information on the status of COVID-19 within the Montclair State University community, please visit Montclair State University’s COVID-19 Updates & Resources website.
- You do not need to be vaccinated to attend Orientation. Per University regulations, students will need to be vaccinated for COVID-19 before coming to campus in Spring 2022. Please visit Student COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Spring Term 2022 website for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IMPORTANT: Montclair State University follows all NJ COVID State guidelines. We expect cooperation from all students and guests during the On-Campus Orientation session.
- If you are feeling sick, please do not come to campus.
- Regardless of vaccination status, masks must be worn at all times – both inside and outside.
Registration will open the week of October 25, 2021. Please review the dates available on our website before registering.
Want more info on Orientation?
Don’t worry, we’ve got the answers to your questions.
For other questions about the Transfer Orientation Experience, please check out the Frequently Asked Questions page, email us at email@example.com, or message us on our Live Chat!