With generous funding from Bristol Myers Squibb, BMS PRISM at Montclair State University is proud to announce our Climate Science Mini-series, a 6 session series designed to support teaching of New Jersey state science standards for climate change Grades 4-12. All sessions will be held at PRISM located at 1515 Broad Street, Bloomfield.
Teachers will develop their content knowledge about climate science and the interdisciplinary components of understanding Earth’s changing climate. The 6 session dates will include deep exploration of Earth data and hands-on activities modeling what can be done in the classroom with students. Teachers will work collaboratively to deepen knowledge and prepare for teaching climate science content required by the New Jersey Department of Education. This series is designed to prepare teachers for successful implementation of the science standards with Climate Change incorporated.
Registration is for Waiting List
- Analyze data from NASA, NOAA, and other federal organizations observing Earth systems.
- Demonstrate understanding of interdisciplinary climate science content.
- Synthesize knowledge of climate science and 3-dimensional teaching by developing a lesson appropriate for implementation.
- Implement the lesson with students in the 6-month period following the workshop, collect artifacts, and share outcomes with colleagues.
- Earn up to 12 PD hours over the course of the mini-series.
- A fee of $10/session or $50 for the entire mini-series is required for registration.
- Light dinner served at each session.
Attend all sessions and receive a $300 stipend!
- December 14th
- January 20th
- February 23rd
- March 22nd
- April 7th
- May 5th
All sessions 5:30-7:30PM
Space is limited! Register today
Questions or concerns?
This event is sponsored by Bristol Myers Squibb