Camps for Kids ($100 for all 4 sessions on July 29 -30, 2020)
The link for the camp program will be sent with a reminder the day before the session. Each program will have its own virtual meeting room and specific start time, so check for details in the reminder message. We will send a secure link for payment by credit card after registration is confirmed.
Program #3: STEAM camp for Habitat Explorers (four sessions), July 29-30, 2020Grades 3-4
Camp Leaders: Anna Mazzaro & Catalina Villasuso
- July 29
- 9:00 – 10:00am You can’t Judge an Animal by its Cover
- Adaptations of animals can be examined through images and videos that guide questioning and investigations to understand how animals have reached such refined and engaging characteristics of anatomy and behavior. Students will enjoy creating an animal of their own and explain how it would survive in a chosen environment.
- 11:00 – 12:00pm To Germinate or Not to Germinate… That is the Question.
- Guide students in investigations of plant life cycles using seed germination and the patterns of seed development into adult plants. Using observations of plants students will determine what plants need to survive. Students will use cross curricular activities such as Math and ELA skills to discover the truth about plants!
- July 30
- 9:00 – 10:00am Virtual Adventure to Rainforests
- Students will journey and learn about the Earth’s oldest living ecosystems, “the Beautiful Rainforests!” Students will explore the diverse habitats along with the animals and flora found in rainforests. Investigations, research, discoveries will all be part of this virtual adventure.
- 11:00 – 12:00pm Matters, Matters!
- States of matter can be a challenge to young learners but hands-on experimentation at home can help guide them toward a deeper understanding. Let’s explore matter in a fun and natural way!