Montclair State University recognizes the importance of supplier diversity in its procurement practices. The University has a diverse student, staff and faculty population. In conjunction with the University’s overall commitment to diversity and inclusion, the University is committed to contracting with qualified suppliers from all parts of the business community in procuring needed goods and services. By encouraging the participation of Small Business Enterprises (SBEs), Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) and Women Business Enterprises (WBEs), collectively SMWBEs, in the procurement process, the University strengthens contracting opportunities for SMWBEs, while at the same time providing a value added strategy that increases competition to ensure that the University’s funds are maximized.
SBEs are businesses that have no more than 100 permanent employees and their principal place of business in New Jersey. There are three categories of SBEs: Category 1, gross revenues not exceeding $500,000; Category 2, gross revenues not exceeding $5,000,000; and Category 3, gross revenues not exceeding $12,000,000. Register as an SBE.
MBEs are businesses that are 51% owned and operated by African Americans, Asian Americans, Hispanic Americans and Native Americans.
WBEs are businesses that are 51% owned and operated by women.
How It Works
Creating Supplier Diversity
Montclair State University actively solicits the participation of a diverse supplier base in its procurement process. In this regard, Procurement Services works with the State Division of Minority and Women Business Development to post all of its public bidding opportunities on the Division’s website, by commodity code, at the time that the RFP is publicly advertised by the State of New Jersey. In addition, Procurement Services regularly attends vendor fairs to get the word out to SMWBEs regarding University contracting opportunities.
How to do Business
All University procurements are made under the provisions of the “State College Contracts Law”. The University is exempt from Sales Tax and Federal Excise Tax.
The University’s procurement process is a function of the anticipated price of the goods and/or services being procured:
- Purchase price $0 – $6,879
- Pricing may be solicited by phone, mail or fax.
- Purchase price $6,880 to $34,399
- Written quotes or sealed bids (minimum of 3) are required. Vendor must sign Montclair State University’s Standard Contract Terms and Conditions.
- Purchase price $34,400 and over
- Publicly advertised RFP. Sealed bid proposals are required.
- Purchase price $34,400 and over may qualify as a waiver of advertising under the State College Contracts Law
- Written quotes or sealed bids (minimum of three) are required. Vendor must sign Montclair State University’s Standard Contract Terms and Conditions.
For goods and services, the contract award is made on the basis of price and other factors. For goods and services, the contract award may be made to other than the lowest priced responsive bidder, taking into account differences between and among bidders, such as experience and qualifications. For construction, the contract award is made to the lowest priced responsive bidder.
What Montclair State University Buys
- Audio Visual Equipment
- Art and Craft Supplies
- Carpet and Floor Covering
- Computer, Equipment, Software and Supplies
- Electrical Equipment and Supplies
- Hardware and Tools
- Janitorial Supplies
- Lab Equipment and Supplies
- Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Office Equipment and Supplies
- Paper and Paper Products
- Photographic Equipment and Supplies
- School Equipment and Supplies
- Telecommunications Equipment
- Construction and Renovations
- Interior Design
- Printing, Copying and Duplicating
- Repair Services
- Security Services
- Temporary Personnel
- Travel Services
150 Clove Rd. 3rd Floor
Little Falls, NJ 07424