Montclair State University offers an interest-free, payment arrangement for former students with an outstanding balance prior to an account sent to an external collection agency. The internal payment plan is not available for the current semesters.We strive to assist students resolve their balances to avoid accounts from being transferred to an outside collection agency. The payment plan allows you to spread payment of tuition, mandatory fees, and room and board over a 12-36 month time. Student accounts will not be assessed monthly late payment fees while enrolled in the payment plan for amounts covered by the plan.
- It is your responsibility to complete the Payment Plan Form in its entirety and remit with your first payment. If payment is not received, the payment plan will be considered invalid.
- Establishing a payment plan does not constitute release of holds and/or transcripts until the balance is satisfied in full. There are no exceptions.
- Payments on the payment plan are due on the 15th of every month.
- The balance must not be for a current semester.
- Length of payment plans are listed below based on your balance.
- Monthly statements will not be mailed all bill information is available on NEST. The student must keep a copy of his/her payment plan for their personal record.
- Payment plans will be canceled after one (1) month of non-payment and your student account will be forwarded to an outside collection agency. Once an account is placed in collections or legal action is pursued by the collection agency, the student will be liable for all collection and/or attorney’s fees (20% to 40% of the amount placed in collection).
Make all checks/money orders payable to Montclair State University and ensure that your name and/or student ID number is clearly written on the check or you may pay online on NEST
Remit your check/money order to:
- Montclair State University
Office of Student Accounts (Attn: Lynn Wells)
1 Normal Avenue
Montclair, New Jersey 07043
Payment Plan Calendar
|Account Balance||Plan Length||Due Date|
|$500.00 – $1,000.00||12 months no interest||15th of every month|
|$1,001.00 – $5,000.00||24 months no interest||15th of every month|
|$5,000.00 +||36 months no interest||15th of every month|
Please complete the Internal Payment Plan Form and remit with first installment payment.