If you’ve been fully vaccinated, don’t wait. Report your vaccination status today.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is the best way we have to protect ourselves, our families, our students and our co-workers, and to provide the in-person experience that our students need and desire. Reporting your vaccination status via the My Health Portal (students) and Vax Check (employees) enables the University to know how many members of the campus community have been vaccinated, so we can make appropriate policies and decisions to benefit all of us. Individual vaccination information is kept confidential.
Student Vaccinations and Reporting
Summer residents on campus and all students (including commuters) enrolled in high contact courses this summer must submit evidence of vaccination by Sunday, June 20, 2021. Visit the Summer Vaccines FAQs page for more information.
All students enrolled for the fall semester 2021 are required to be vaccinated and to submit evidence of vaccination by Sunday, August 1, 2021. This requirement applies to every student, undergraduate and graduate, commuter and residential, except those who are enrolled in fully online degree programs that offer no on-campus instruction, activities, or services and those who qualify under New Jersey law for medical or religious exemptions. Information on exemptions can be found on the University Health Center’s immunizations page. Visit the Fall Vaccines FAQs page for more information.
You only need to upload your vaccination information once. If you provide vaccination evidence for summer courses by June 20, you are in compliance with the requirements and there is no need to upload the documentation again for the fall.
How Students Must Submit Proof of Vaccination
- Follow the steps outlined in My Health Portal to upload proof of your COVID-19 vaccination. Take your time to ensure the information entered into the form matches the information on your vaccination card.
- Only upload to My Health Portal after you have received your final vaccination – that is, after one dose of Johnson & Johnson or the second dose of Pfizer or Moderna.
- The University Health Center will review your submission and verify compliance.
- Report your vaccination in Hawk Check. Once your documentation is accepted in My Health Portal, Hawk Check will not ask you questions about recent travel or exposure to a person with COVID-19.
Employee Vaccinations and Reporting
Submit your proof of vaccination and you could win prizes!
Every employee who submits their proof of vaccination on Vax Check by Monday, June 21 at noon EDT will automatically be entered to win Montclair State merchandise.
All Montclair State employees are strongly encouraged to get vaccinated and invited to voluntarily submit proof of vaccination. Knowing how many employees (and students) are vaccinated helps the University make good policy decisions. The University will publish the total number, and will keep individual vaccination information confidential.
How Employees Can Submit Proof of Vaccination
- Fill out the online Vax Check form when you are fully vaccinated: two weeks past your final dose. If you upload your information before then, your submission will be rejected and you will need to submit again when fully vaccinated.
- Take a photo of your vaccination card using your smartphone and upload it to Vax Check.
- Occupational Health will review your submission and send you an email confirmation within two or three business days.
Where to Get Vaccinated
All Montclair State employees and students can get vaccinated in Essex County, no matter where they live. Check www.essexcovid.org for appointment openings or call the county’s COVID-19 Hotline at 973-877-8456. Passaic County is also an option. Check the Passaic COVID-19 information page for details.
For more information, people who live in New York can also visit the NY State COVID-19 website.
Another alternative: Text your zip code to 438829 and vaccination locations will be texted to your phone within 10 seconds.