Housing for first-year and transfer students enrolling for the spring semester is granted based on availability. To be eligible for housing, students must meet the below criteria:
- Have been fully accepted to the University
- Submit all enrollment confirmation forms and fees by the semester deadline
- Submit a $300.00 nonrefundable housing application fee by the semester deadline
- Complete the online housing agreement no later than the semester deadline
All items are required in order for your housing application to be considered complete. For specific information on enrollment fees please see Accepted Students. Please note that our housing process is done completely online and there is no paper application to complete or submit.
For those who do not meet the above criteria, including students who may be accepted to the University after these dates, housing is not guaranteed. Every effort will be made to accommodate students in this category as space becomes available.
How Do I Apply?
- Pay the $300.00 Housing Application Fee online through NEST or in person at the Office of Student Accounts. Payment info can be found on the Red Hawk Central website. The housing deposit is accepted on a rolling basis.
- Activate your Montclair State University NetID (your NetID is your Montclair State University Email account). The emails we send to students will be sent to your Montclair Email account.
- Complete online Housing Application through the Residential Management System (RMS)
- After your housing application is complete, your status for housing will be pending. Our housing operations team will review all applications in December and January and complete placements based on your preferences and the spaces we have available. Preferences are not guaranteed and our priority will be to place you into an available space.
Students requesting housing accommodations due to a medical condition, in addition to completing the RMS preferences must submit a Request for Medical Accommodations here. Accommodations are reviewed on a case by case basis and are fulfilled based on availability.