Business Living Learning
Why should I apply?
The Business Living-Learning Community is in Blanton Hall. Students pursuing majors in Business living in this community can expect an environment that focuses on exploring the different majors and careers associated with the business world.
Students will have opportunities to:
- Engage in activities that promote academic achievement like math tutoring and review sessions with faculty members
- Participate in community events while living among other dedicated students with similar academic interests and ambitions
- Take classes together
- Begin to explore their skills and abilities in regards to selecting a major/career within the College of Business
- Build traditions of the Business Living-Learning Community (i.e. trips to meet alumni in the field, etc.)
- Have opportunities to develop leadership and interpersonal skills through involvement in student organizations and activities (both within and outside of the living-learning community)
- Develop networks with faculty, upper-level students (including academic advisors, staff, and alumni in the business world
To accomplish these goals, the Business Living-Learning Community works closely with the College of Business and partners with other campus departments to ensure collaborative learning between students, faculty and staff. Our goal is to provide a seamless Living and Learning environment for students that promotes a successful transition to the higher-education environment and prepares students for the challenges that a career in the various business fields offer.
Suggested programming Plans for the community:
- Business Etiquette Dinner
- Cultural Outings with faculty to different businesses, etc.
- Professional Development Workshops: hosted by college of business to help explore the next steps in the field
- Social Outings
Both freshmen and upperclassmen are welcome to apply.
Where will I live?
How do I get more information?
For more information about living in the Business Living Learning Community, please contact the Office of Residence Life email@example.com