Why Should I Apply ?
Residents in Recovery is an on campus living community designed to assist students in recovery from alcohol and other drugs. Students are provided with the academic, developmental and recovery support necessary to succeed in higher education while living in an abstinence based community.
Substance Free Fun
Please note: All Montclair State University residence halls are drug and smoke free. In addition, all residence halls are designated as alcohol free except the Village at Little Falls.
Montclair State University provides a healthy, supportive environment for students to learn and have fun beyond their academic routine. Hundreds of programs are offered by various departments and student organizations that promote health and wellness, all of which are substance-free!
- Encourage healthy living to all Residents in Recovery/ students by role modeling wellness behaviors on campus, in the building, and participate in hall programming.
- Abstain from consuming alcohol, using controlled substances and tobacco on the floor or returning to the floor.
- Engage in a healthy lifestyle centered on the eight dimensions of wellness which are physical, social, emotional, intellectual, financial and spiritual.
- Maintain the integrity of the community by insuring that guests will not be in possession of nor under the influence of controlled substances or alcohol.
- Be actively involved in program selection, development and implementation for the community.
- Contribute to a positive living environment by being active and visible in the hall community.
- Share the responsibility of confronting and/or reporting any behavior that does not meet wellness guidelines.
How Do I Get More Information?
For more information about the Residents in Recovery, please contact Residence Life at email@example.com
How Do I Apply?
To apply for Residents in Recovery, please fill out this Google Form.