If you’re feeling overwhelmed, make use of the resources the University provides under Internal Resources. We also encourage you to take a look at the list of external resources provided, too.
- 13 mental health resources for black people trying to cope right now
- 14 Organizations and People Working to Support BIPOC Mental Health During the Coronavirus Crisis
- 23 Mental Health Books for Anyone Who’s Going Through It Right Now
- 40 Self-Care Tips for Better Mental Well-Being
- 44 Mental Health Resources for Black People Trying to Survive in This Country
- How to take care of your mental health during the coronavirus, protests and beyond
- Inclusive Therapists (Directory and resources)
- Self Care
Check out these educational resources provided by members of our campus community! This is not an exhaustive list compilation of resources. Feel free to
- Montclair State’s assistant professor of Justice Studies and social justice expert Jason Williams discusses the underlying systemic issues that create an environment in which Black people die at the hands of police.
- 18 Helpful Links for White People to Drop in Our Group Chats
- 75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice
- 115 Ways to Donate in Support of Black Lives and Communities of Color
- A Timeline of Events That Led to the 2020 ‘Fed Up’-rising
- Black People Need Stronger White Allies — Here’s How You Can Be One
- For Our White Friends Desiring To Be Allies
- Sprague Library Research Guide: Find Articles
- Why you should stop saying “all lives matter,” explained in 9 different ways
Check out the various ways you can get involved and take action!
- Register to Vote: The New Jersey State Primary is Tuesday, July 7.
- Complete the U.S. Census: Learn more about the Census, how to complete your form and more.
- Make a Donation: There is no donation too small to help others.
- Demand Change from Your Community: See how many policies your community has enacted against police violence and take action now.
- Use Social Media to Educate and Empower: Learn more about the movement through the hashtag #BlackLivesMatter.