2020 Social Justice Conference
20/20 Vision: Looking Back. Moving Forward Together.
Save the Date: Friday March, 27, 2020 at Montclair State University
Now Accepting Workshop Proposals until December 13, 2019!
Submit Your Proposals Here or copy and paste this link into your web browser: https://orgsync.com/98154/forms/231437
The Office for Social Justice and Diversity at Montclair State University invites proposals for workshops for the 2020 Social Justice Conference on our campus for Friday March 27, 2020. This year’s theme is 20/20 Vision: Looking Back. Moving Forward Together. Having a vision is important in the fight for social justice. We must know our history before we engage on the quest for a more just and inclusive society. With your participation, we hope you will provide insight and motivation for folks to join us on this journey to a better world.
This FREE conference is hosted to provide personal and professional development opportunities to our campus community on social justice and diversity issues and topics. Students, faculty, and staff of Montclair State are encouraged to submit proposals. Please share with you student groups!
Workshops will be offered as simultaneous, 50-minute breakout sessions. Workshop audiences are anticipated to include 20-60 participants per workshop. Interactive workshops are highly desired. The conference will be on March 27, 2020 on Montclair State’s campus. Workshops will be 50 minutes in length.
The Workshop committee will consider proposals in all areas of social justice that relate to our broader theme. Possible topics to consider which meet our theme are provided below:
- Bias/Hate Crimes on College Campuses
- Civility & Having Difficult Conversations
- Civil Rights & Social Justice Movements – the Past, Present, & Future
- Climate Change/Global Warming
- Disability Rights and Issues
- Discrimination – Racism, Homophobia, Xenophobia, etc.
- Gender and Sexuality Topics & Issues
- Immigration/Undocumented/DACA Topics & Issues
- Indigenous Rights & Issues
- International/Global Topics & Issues
- Mental Health
- Reproductive Rights & Issues
- Women’s Rights & Issues
- Veterans’ Rights & Issues
- Voting & the Political Climate
*Workshop proposals are not limited to this list.
Submissions will be considered by our committee, and a decision will be made by mid-January. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.