The mission of Student Development and Campus Life is to support and enhance the educational mission of Montclair State University by: cooperatively partnering with faculty in delivering learning experiences, activities and services that foster the intellectual and personal development of our students; leading the University in attracting, supporting and retaining a diverse student body; building a welcoming and inclusive campus community and a safe and secure environment for living and learning; and supporting the health, well-being and future success of our students.
In support of this mission, the members of the Division of Student Development and Campus Life will pursue the following goals:
- Inform and influence the University’s enrollment management efforts through strategic planning and targeted pipeline initiatives that enhance access to the institution and support its research and academic endeavors.
- Foster student engagement through experiential learning programs that promote student achievement and development, critical thinking, and integration of learning across disciplines and experiences.
- Instill an ethos of service excellence, caring, inclusion, respect, safety and community responsibility in all aspects of the student experience.
- Create opportunities for exploration of civic engagement, social justice, multicultural literacy, and recognition and celebration of diversity.
- Cultivate strategic partnerships, innovative practices, entrepreneurial approaches and alumni engagement opportunities that enhance and leverage the positive impact of student services and programs.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of activities, programs and services in meeting students’ needs and desired learning outcomes, and strive for continuous improvement through data-driven decision making.