Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver Program Application

To apply as a Senior Citizen student for admission to undergraduate or graduate programs:

  • In all cases, formal acceptance to a specific Montclair State University undergraduate or graduate program is the sole criteria as to whether or not courses taken through Senior Citizen program apply to degree or non-degree studies.

Undergraduate Senior Citizen Applicants:

Senior Citizen students who possess a high school diploma or a GED diploma, may take undergraduate courses on a credit or non-credit basis by applying for admission through Undergraduate Admissions.

  • Non-Degree Applicants: Students interested in taking courses for personal enrichment (non-degree classification), simply need to complete a Senior Citizen Non-Degree Application and submit an official transcript. Apply online as a non-degree applicant via Undergraduate Admissions.

  • Degree Seeking Applicants: Students interested in pursuing an undergraduate degree must submit a complete Undergraduate application and meet all of the necessary entrance requirements to the University. To apply as a Senior Citizen student for admission to an undergraduate program: Apply online as a degree seeking applicant via Undergraduate Admissions.

Graduate Senior Citizen Applicants:

Students who have a baccalaureate degree (including those with advanced degrees) must apply through The Graduate School and may take undergraduate or graduate courses. These students will pay all applicable graduate student fees regardless of the course level.

Non-Degree Applicants: Students just seeking to take courses without fully matriculating. Applicants must submit the online application and an official transcript from the school where they received their highest degree. 

Degree Seeking Applicants: Students with an undergraduate degree interested in pursuing a graduate degree must submit a completed Application for Graduate & Post-Baccalaureate Programs through The Graduate School.  Students must meet all of the necessary entrance requirements, including graduate testing when applicable.