Becoming a Registered Student Organization (RSO) of the Student Government Association of Montclair State University, comes with many rights and privileges including but not limited to:
- Access to reserve spaces for meetings and events
- Funding through the Student Government Association
- Opportunity to participate in the Involvement Fairs
If you are interested in starting a new RSO please review the steps below. If you have questions or concerns about the process please contact the SGA Vice President at email@example.com, the SGA Organizational Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org or the President Pro Tempore (PPT) at email@example.com.
- Complete Request for an Engage page
- After the Engage page request is approved, complete the Engage registration with the above information. (Go to ‘Manage Organization’ to see the option to complete registration).
- In order to be approved as a Registered Student Organization(RSO) you must meet the following criteria. This information will be submitted in the Registration Form/Process: a) 7 Montclair State University undergraduate students.
- b) 1 full time Montclair State University employee to serve as an advisor
- c) A constitution (a mock one is available to be emailed to you upon request and is provided on engage).
- d) A roster of members.
- e) At least two members of an executive board (president and treasurer)
- f) Preferred “username” for @sgamsu.org organization email. This email is provided to all new RSOs by the SGA.
- The completed Registration Forms are reviewed in the order in which they are received. The review process can be delayed if/when information is incorrectly inputted. To avoid delays please review the mock constitution template and proofread your submission.
- Once the registration submission has been reviewed/approved by the SGA, it will be processed and approved by Center for Student Involvement (CSI) staff. Congratulations!
- All Registration Student Organizations must complete Engage re-registration forms by the third week of every semester. Failure to do so, will result in the Engage page being locked.
- Registration Student Organizations must attend required training by CSI to gain access to room reservations within Engage.