Sprague Library wishes all Red Hawks a successful 2017-18 academic year!
What’s New at Sprague?
Take a moment to read about some important updates at Sprague Library.
- NEW! Laptop lending has a new home (not far from new printing stations and photocopying) on the main level of the library, just past the lobby and Access Services (aka the front desk of the library). Color printing also available.
- NEW! The lower level is currently completely closed for renovation until further notice. Until mid-September, there is no public access to books beginning with the call numbers R-Z. Visit the Access Services desk for assistance if you need a book beginning with R-Z and we’ll do our best to get it. Thank you for your patience!
- NEW! The Multimedia Department is in a temporary home in the Periodicals Room on the main level, just past laptop lending on your left.
- NEW! An Archives collection area is being built on the south-east corner of the main level to house archival collections including historical university documents, photographs and memorabilia.
Not New, but Still Going Strong!
- The Library website (www.montclair.edu/library) remains your go-to resource for cutting-edge scholarly articles and our amazing book, e-book, newspaper, magazine, multimedia and government document collections.
- Sunday and weeknight late-night hours begin October 2 (open until 2 a.m. except for Fridays & Saturdays), but until then we are still open to midnight Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Fridays, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Saturdays and 12-9 p.m. Sundays. montclair.edu/library/hours
- Our Ask-A-Librarian service is already up and running. Librarians answer your questions in person (Reference Desk, main level), by email, and over the phone (973-655-4291). They can help you find scholarly articles, books, images, government documents, statistics, news and magazine articles — almost anything you need for your assignments. You can even book a one-on-one appointment at Ask a Librarian.
- If you’re looking for a calm space at this busy time of year, you’ll find silent and quiet study areas at the south end of the library on both the main level and 2nd floor.
- Watch out for exciting library programs this year, including our Furry Friends for Finals therapy dog event, the Sprague Library Book Nook at the Feel Good Fest (hosted by Health Promotion) and the Feed, Your Mind, Nourish your Community donation box (for the Red Hawk Pantry) in the library lobby. More good stuff coming soon!
Keep in touch with us at: