Registration for Winter Session is underway and spring 2018 registration runs from Monday, November 13 to Friday, November 17. You will be given a specific day and time to register for spring 2018 so be sure to find out your designated registration time. Make sure you’re all set to register with our 10 Easy Steps!
10 Easy Steps To Register:
- Log into NEST and review your degree Audit in Degree Works, noting which courses you need to take to complete your degree.
- See your advisor! (mandatory for some, suggested for all) Note – the appointment time you set up with your advisor will not be your designated registration time.
- Log in to NEST (montclair.edu/nest) and navigate to the “Register For Classes” page.
- Find your Registration Time under Registration Tools.
- Take care of any registration HOLDS.
- View University Course Schedule/Look Up Classes.
- Search for available courses.
- Gather appropriate Course Record Numbers (CRNs).
- When it is your time to register, select “Register for Class/Add or Drop (students who were given a mandatory registration PIN will be prompted here).
- Enter CRNs & Submit Changes.
Before You Register
Confirm Some Information Starting Today!
You may be prompted to verify some information and accept some terms before you can look up classes or register. Please try to verify this information prior to registering to speed up your registration process. You can find links to updating your permanent address and emergency contacts under the “Register For Classes” page on NEST. You will be prompted to accept these terms when using the “Look Up Classes” or “Register for classes/ add or drop” hyperlinks on NEST.
You will be prompted to:
- Add an emergency contact (if you do not have one listed already).
- Verify your permanent address and emergency contacts. Update this information as needed.
- Accept the Statement of Financial Obligation.
- Accept the Title IV Authorization.
Help! I Need Somebody!
Your path to building a class schedule may include a roadblock or you may have questions. Support services are in place to support you throughout this process!
- The Office of the Registrar has prepared tutorials for navigating the course schedule and registering for classes!
- Do you need a PIN?
- Your registration time is based upon credits you have earned as of October 31, 2017.
- Don’t forget to log out of NEST when you are done using it, especially on a public computer.
Just in case you have a problem, view this list of actions:
Log In Problems
You are receiving an authentication failed message on NEST?
- Try closing your browser, reopening it and navigate to NEST.
- If you are navigating to NEST from a bookmark, you may not be able to log in.
- Try clearing the cache on your browser and trying to log in again.
You are being prompted with to enter a Registration PIN when trying to register?
- Some students are required to see their advisor for academic advising before registration. Once you have been advised, your advisor will give you your Registration PIN.
- If you aren’t required to meet with your advisor and do not need a Registration PIN but are seeing this message, contact the Office of the Registrar at 973-655-4376.
You Get An “Institutional Financial Aid” Screen
You click the link to register and are being prompted with an “Institutional Financial Aid” login screen?
- Clear your browser cache, close your browser and reopen then try logging in and registering again.
- If you are still having this issue, contact the IT Service Desk at 973-655-7971 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You are receiving a prerequisite error for a class for which you have fulfilled the prerequisites?
- If you have fulfilled the requirements for taking this particular course, contact the Office of the Registrar at 973-655-4376.
Don’t forget to log out of NEST when you are done using it, especially on a public computer.