Over the next three years, the University will go through phases until the entire campus is 100% smoke and tobacco free. Current state law and University policy prohibits smoking and/or use of tobacco, vapor or similar products* inside any campus building. View a full list of the restricted products.
Effective Friday, September 1, 2017, use of all tobacco products are restricted to on-campus designated smoking areas which are located at least 25 feet from all entries, outdoor air intakes and operable windows. Tobacco products should only be used within 10 feet of each designated location.
List of Designated Smoking Areas
All Designated Smoking Areas are marked clearly with a pole and red banner throughout campus. View the pictures of each location below on the side of this article in the media set.
- Machuga Heights at the bottom of the stairs in front of the center tower
- Dinallo Heights near Lot 23S
- Blanton Hall in between Webster Hall and Bohn Hall
- Hawk Crossings between Falco and Accipiter
- Maintenance Building, near Sprague Field
- Russ Hall in between Russ Hall and Chapin Hall near the loading dock for Chapin Hall
- Sprague Library near the small service parking lot along University Promenade
- Student Center, near the crosswalk by Science Hall and the Student Center
- Village in the parking lot island between Williams Hall and Sinatra
- Feliciano School of Business near Dickson Hall
- Center for Clinical Services, in Lot 60 off of Clove Road
Click on an image below to enlarge photo.