Photo of the Red Hawk statue.
News Students Can Use

Get Your Passport…On Campus!

University’s Postal Services offers passport processing.

Posted in: Announcements, Facilities

Picture of two U.S. Passports on a map of the world.

Need a new passport or want to update your old one? Montclair State University’s Postal Services offers U.S. passport processing services…right here on campus! You can purchase a new passport or renew your existing passport, by appointment, Monday-Thursday.

The Passport Process

Before you come to the University Postal Services office to process your passport prepare the following:

  1. Paperwork: You need to fill out some forms. All the necessary forms are available at Note: please be sure to print all forms out in black ink only. Bring your completed forms
  2. Photos: Two passport photos (2″x2″). You can obtain these ahead of time and bring them with you, or can have them taken on-site for a charge of $15.00.
  3. Identification: You need proof of U.S. citizenship. Can be used: a previously issued passport; a certified, government issued birth certificate; a naturalization certificate. See U.S. Department of State passport website for details.


Payment must be by Check or Money Order. 

  • Pictures (taken onsite): $15.00 (Paid to Montclair State University)
  • First-time Processing Fee: $35.00 (Paid to Montclair State University)
  • First-time Applicants (16 and over): $110.00 (Paid to the U.S. Department of State)
  • Children 16 and under: $80.00 (Paid to the U.S. Department of State)
  • Passport Renewals: $110.00 (Paid to the U.S. Department of State)
  • Passport Cards: $30.00 (Paid to the U.S. Department of State)

View U.S. Department of State website for complete payment information.

When, Where & Who

  • By Appointment only by calling: 973-655-4189 or 973-655-6855.
  • Monday- Thursday: 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
  • Maintenance Building, Postal Services Department (View Campus Map Location)

This service is available to all members of the campus community, alumni, family and friends. The University’s Postal Services department is now recognized by the U.S. Department of State as an officially designated passport facility.

What Can I Do With My Passport?

Well, travel outside of our country is the most common use of a passport. And don’t forget about the Montclair State University Study Abroad program! Montclair State offers a wide variety of programs varying by duration, area of study, and location with over 60 destinations available.

The Global Education Center helps find the program that matches your needs and desires to give you a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience earning credits abroad! Financial Aid and Scholarships available!  Learn More About Passport Services