Some Montclair State undergraduate students are required to meet with their academic advisor before they can register for the fall 2018 semester.
If academic advising is mandatory for you, your academic advisor will provide you with your own unique registration PIN that will enable you to register for courses in Banner, via NEST. This registration PIN is needed to unlock the system to you, and only you, to sign up for your classes. This may be referred to as the “Alternate PIN” in NEST.
Please note: Registration PINs are unique to each semester’s registration. PINs from previous semesters will not work when registering for fall 2018.
Who Needs A PIN?
The following undergraduate students must meet with their advisor to receive a registration PIN:
- First-year students
- Fall 2018 readmitted students
- Undeclared majors
- Undergraduate students majoring in Anthropology or Earth and Environmental Sciences, or Geoscience
- Transfer students admitted in spring 2018 and fall 2018.
- Transfer Nutrition students admitted fall 2018
Students with priority registration (Monday, April 16, 9 a.m.) use the PIN 999999 as their registration PIN. Notification of this has been sent to all students eligible for priority registration
Note: Students who have priority registration AND are required to meet with their advisors, will receive a special PIN at their advisor visit.
Everyone Should See Their Advisor!
Academic advising is an important function of higher education. The role of advising is to guide you, the student, on how to transition to your learning environment and become the primary architect and executor of your own education plans. So, make an appointment today, and see your advisor!
If you don’t know who your advisor is, you can find this information in NEST:
- Log into NEST using your University NetID and password. (montclair.edu/nest)
- Navigate to the “Degree Audit” portlet.
- Select the “Degree Works” link in this portlet.
- In your Degree Audit, you can find your academic advisor(s) along with their contact information.
- If no academic advisor is listed in this space and you have a major, please contact your academic department.