Montclair State University requires all full-time undergraduate and graduate students (12 or more credits for undergraduate, nine (9) or more credits for graduate) to be enrolled in a health insurance plan. A waiver must be completed by the waiver deadline of Friday, September 28, 2018.
NOTE: You MUST active your University NetID and Email account in order to waive the Aetna Student Health Plan.
Insurance Premium Fall 2018 Semester
(Coverage Valid Wednesday, August 15, 2018 – Wednesday, August 14, 2019)
- Undergraduate Students: $1,652.00
- Graduate Students: $4,468.00
Aetna Student Health Plan Vs. Your Private Plan
All full-time students are automatically enrolled in the Aetna Student Health Plan. But you can waive it!
All Students Must Either:
- Waive the Aetna Student Health Plan and use their own comparable personal plan OR
- Pay for the Aetna Student Health Plan
- You are automatically enrolled in the Aetna Student Health Plan and will be billed for this coverage in your NEST Student Account statement.
- You have the opportunity to waive/opt out of this coverage by completing a waiver online at: aetnastudenthealth.com/
- A waiver must be completed by the waiver deadline of Friday, September 28, 2018 as established by the University. The deadline is firm and cannot be extended.
- Insurance information provided to the Office of Student Accounts, the University Health Center or any other department at Montclair State University, does not constitute a waiver.
- If you Don’t Waive…You Must Pay!
If you already have health insurance coverage through your family, spouse or employer, you may opt to waive the Aetna Health Student Plan.
View Instructions: How to Waive Health Insurance
Remember: Waiver Deadline Is Friday, September 28, 2018
After You Have Waived
Upon completion of the Aetna Student Health insurance waiver:
- You will receive an email confirmation from Aetna Student Health notifying you of receipt of your waiver.
- If your waiver is denied, your email confirmation will include the reason for your denial. It is your responsibility to resolve the matter directly with Aetna Student Health.
- If your waiver was APPROVED, the health insurance fee will be removed from your NEST account within three-to-five business days. You may opt to pay your student bill and exclude the health insurance charge after a waiver has been completed and APPROVED.
- If your waiver was NOT APPROVED, you will receive an email from Aetna Student Health with the reason(s) why your waiver was not approved and steps to complete. There is a deadline to submit supporting documentation.
When Do I Get an Insurance Card?
If you choose to remain enrolled in the Aetna Student Health Plan, you will have access to an insurance card after the waiver/enrollment deadline of Friday, September 28, 2018.
• 2018 – 2019 Plan Design and Benefits Summary: Plan-specific information on services the plan covers, deductibles, premium rates, enrollment and waiver deadline dates, plan limitations and more.
Need a Card Earlier?
If you need an insurance card before Friday, September 28, you must enroll online. Self-enrolling in the coverage will allow access to an insurance card for use within 24-48 hours.
For questions regarding the Aetna Student Health Plan, please visit the Aetna website and select Montclair State University or call 877-480-4161.