In partnership with Red Hawk Pantry, Parking Services introduces the annual Cans for Citations Food Drive.
What, When, How
This program will allow Montclair State University students, faculty and staff to donate canned goods as payment for citations. Unopened canned or dry goods will be worth $10.00 toward one open citation.
- Duration: The program runs Friday, November 2 through Tuesday, November 27, 2018.
- When & Where To Bring: Please bring any donations Monday-Friday 12-4 p.m. to the Parking office located on Level 1 of the Red Hawk Deck.
How Does the Donation Work?
One canned or dry good is worth $10.00 toward one open citation. For example, a citation worth $40.00 may be paid using four (4) canned or dry good items.
- Non-perishable foods
- Healthy items, such as whole grains, low-sugar cereals, and low-sodium canned goods
- Pantry staples: tuna, peanut butter, soup, beans, rice, and shelf-stable milk
- Items past their expiration date (please check; you make more work for us if we have to dispose of your expired food)
- Dented, rusty, leaky cans, or unlabeled cans
- Glass jars
- Open packages (exception: those with individually wrapped packets inside)
Most Needed Items for the Red Hawk Pantry
- Canned fruit
- Toilet paper
- BBQ sauce
- Granola bars
- Personal care products
- Household products
Only One Citation
Remember: Only one citation dismissal may be awarded.
But Not For These…
The following citations may not be dismissed as part of the program:
- Tampering with University Equipment
- Shared Permit or Boot Violation
- Parking in Reserved Space, Grass or Sidewalk
- Parked in Fire Lane or PwD Space Violation
For more information or questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-655-7580.