Summer is a great time to gain experience through seasonal jobs, internships and volunteer work. Career Services will continue to post opportunities in Hire a Red Hawk throughout the summer. Check out a few new opportunities just posted:
- Receive a FREE certification if you complete the swim test and can work at least 14 hours a week during the summer. Already certified? Apply for part-time or full-time hours. Full-time staff will receive free summer housing!
New Summer Jobs and Internships posted on Hire a Red Hawk
- Visual Arts Center of New Jersey: Summer Camp Intern
- Lake Hills Family YMCA: Camp Counselors
- Garden State Laboratories: Summer Field Sampler
- Save the Date: Summer Event Planning Intern
- Boys & Girls Club: Summer Intern
- Benjamin Moore & Co.: Data Engineer Intern
Continue to check Hire a Red Hawk throughout the break to search and apply for jobs and internships.
Do Your Self Assessment
Discover your strengths, explore your interests and decide what’s important to you.
Career Services offers self assessment tools to help you set your long- and short-term career goals. Summer break is a good time to take an assessment. Make sure to set up an appointment with your Career Advisor to review your results.
Let Your Accomplishments Shine
You’ve worked hard this past year; make sure that is reflected on your resume and public professional profiles! Add any new activities and experiences as well as skills and competencies you have gained or strengthened. Include relevant coursework and update your GPA!
Need help developing your resume and/or creating your Linkedin or Hire a Red Hawk profiles? Visit these resources:
- Complete your Hire a Red Hawk profile
- Use Resume Builder in Hire a Red Hawk
- LinkedIn Profile Checklist
Take Lots of Photos & Video
First impressions go a long way! Often times, an employer will begin forming an opinion of you before you even exchange “Hello’s.” Make sure that opinion is favorable by presenting a professional image on your LinkedIn and Hire a Red Hawk Profiles.
- LinkedIn Profile Pictures Do’s and Don’ts
- Also, keep an eye out throughout the year for Career Services’ sponsored LinkedIn Headshots!
- Video Your Mock Interview and Ask for Feedback!
- Mock Interviews in Hire a Red Hawk is a free, online tool designed to help improve your interview technique and build your confidence. This feature allows you to video-record your answers and submit the recordings for feedback.