All full-time students (undergraduate – 12 credits or more and graduate – 9 credits or more) are automatically enrolled in the Aetna Student Health Plan per Montclair State University requirements. But you can waive it! The deadline to waive your insurance is Monday, September 30, 2019.
Insurance Premium Fall 2019 Semester (Coverage Valid August 14, 2019 – August 14, 2020):
- Undergraduate Students: $1,797.00
- Graduate Students: $4,468.00
Please Note: Students that do not waive the health insurance fee are automatically enrolled and will need to pay the amount stated on their University bill.
All Students Must Either:
- Waive the Aetna Student Health Plan and use their own comparable personal plan.
- Pay for the Aetna Student Health Plan.
- You are automatically enrolled in the Aetna Student Health Plan and will be billed for this coverage in your NEST Student Account statement.
- You have the opportunity to waive/opt out of this coverage by completing a waiver online.
- A waiver must be completed by the waiver deadline of Monday, September 30, 2019 as established by the University. The deadline is firm and cannot be extended.
- Insurance information provided to the Office of Student Accounts, the University Health Center or any other department at Montclair State University, does not constitute a waiver.
- If you Don’t Waive…You Must Pay!
If you already have health insurance coverage through your family, spouse or employer, you may choose to waive the Aetna Health Student Plan. Waive It Online Today!
Upon completion of the Aetna Student Health insurance waiver:
- You will receive an email confirmation from Aetna Student Health notifying you of receipt of your waiver request.
- If your waiver was APPROVED, the health insurance fee will be removed from your NEST account within three-to-five business days. You may opt to pay your student bill and exclude the health insurance charge after a waiver has been completed and APPROVED.
- If your waiver was NOT APPROVED, you will receive an email from Aetna Student Health with the reason(s) why your waiver was not approved and steps to complete. There is a deadline to submit supporting documentation.
Remember: Waiver Deadline: Monday, September 30, 2019.
If You Choose to Keep the University Insurance
If you choose to remain enrolled in the Aetna Student Health Plan, you will have access to an insurance card after the waiver/enrollment deadline of Monday, September 30, 2019.
- Link to PDF 2019 – 2020 Plan Design and Benefits Summary – Plan-specific information on services the plan covers, deductibles, premium rates, enrollment and waiver deadline dates, plan limitations and more.
Need A Card Earlier?
If you need an insurance card before Monday, September 30, you must enroll online. Self-enrolling in the coverage will allow access to an insurance card for use within 24-48 hours.
For more information regarding the Aetna Student Health Plan, please contact Aetna Student Health. Please do NOT contact the University Health Center.
- Phone: Aetna Student Health at 877-480-4161.
- Website: Please visit the Aetna website and select Montclair State University.