Online parking registration opens on Thursday, August 1, 2019. All vehicles parking on Montclair State University’s campus must be registered to a valid Montclair State University permit or pay for daily parking.
Important Information & Registration Details
Before you register, remember:
- Review your Permit Options online before registering.
- Read the Parking Regulations – including regulations that relate to your permit.
- View the Parking Map to understand the campus layout before the start of the semester.
- Students may fill out an exceptions request form for extenuating circumstances beginning Thursday, August 1, 2019. Only medical exceptions* will be considered.
- Person With Disabilities (PWD) will no longer need to be verified by Parking Services to obtain a permit. A Montclair State University parking permit must be purchased and a valid state issued license plate or hang tag must be displayed to park in PWD spaces.
It is the responsibility of all students who purchase a parking permit, to read and abide by the Parking Regulations, and to ensure that all vehicle information is up-to-date.
Schedule for Student Parking Registration
Permits can be obtained at: montclair.edu/parking. Please expect delays via the web as we await higher-than-normal traffic:
|Commuter (CS) Permit||$260.00 + tax||Online|
|Evening (EP) Permit
(after 4 p.m.)
|$125.00 + tax||Online|
|Red Hawk Deck Permit**||$400.00 + tax||Online|
|NJ Transit (30 or more earned credits)*
Permit/Proxy card to be delivered via mail.
Please allow 3-5 business days.
Price Includes Proxy Card Activation
(90 or more earned credits)
|Red Hawk Deck Permit**
(60 or more earned credits)
Other Permit Types
|Senior and Graduate Students half year Permits (90 or more credits graduating in December)||$135.00 (Commuters)
* Students with less than 29 credits requesting Medical Exceptions without a New Jersey state-issued hangtag must contact the Disability Resource Center with medical documentation in order to be considered for other permit options.
** Red Hawk Parking Garage Permits are in high demand and limited quantity. Current commuter permit holders will be notified as to the renewal process via their Montclair State email account. New permit sales begin on August 1, 2019.
Remember to visit the Parking website to review all Parking Regulations before purchasing a permit and to update your vehicle information.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com. We will respond promptly to all questions.