The traditional definition of a “library” just doesn’t do justice to the variety of academic and personal support services provided by Sprague Library.
Here is a quick guide for you. Get to know your library:
Ask a Librarian Anything from Anywhere
- If you’re stumped, the Ask A Librarian service is here to help.
- Email, text or chat with us – without having to leave your chair.
- Need more in-depth help? Schedule a research appointment – we have online appointments too!
- Check out our FAQ first to see if your question has already been answered!
New to Campus? Some Library Tips
- No need to apply for a library card – it’s your University ID!
- You can enter the library by Cafe Diem.
- We’re open until midnight Sunday-Thursday, for those late night assignments! Toward the end of the semester, we stay open until 2 a.m. See our full hours.
- Check out the library tour.
We Can’t Even Keep It All in One Building!
- Our online resources are accessible from anywhere with your University NetID.
- The Database A-Z List includes over 200 databases.
- E-books and some streaming video available from the Library Catalog.
- Streaming video and streaming audio collections also available.
- Meet with a librarian online using Zoom.
- Video tutorials available on YouTube!
Quiet Spaces to Study
- We have designated quiet and silent study spaces.
- Group study rooms available for group projects (first-come, first-served).
- Cubicles for privacy also are available.
Need a Book or Peer Reviewed Article?
- The Library website can help you find what you need.
- If the book isn’t in our library catalog, try an Interlibrary Loan.
- Our Research Guides are here to help you start researching.
Grad Student Help
- Room 44 on the lower level is a designated Faculty/Graduate Study Space.
- Remember that you can use Interlibrary Loans!
- Workshops available to help you with research and citations.
- Schedule a research appointment before undertaking a big project!
Printing, Copying, Laptops and Scanning…Oh my!
- Laptop loans and printing lab available on the first floor
Photocopiers in the reference area – Black and White (10 cents) and Color (50 cents) – use Red Hawk Dollars or coins.
- Free scanning available (multiple scanners in reference area and in the front lobby).
- Keep your eyes peeled for our scheduled meditation sessions, Tune-In Tuesdays!
- Check out our Relaxation Stations on the second floor.
- Borrow a game on the first floor or enjoy a snack in the Cafe.
Brand New Book Club!
- Swing by the Pop Picks Lounge in the front lobby for our monthly Book Club!
- Topics change per month; bring a favorite or look for recs.
- Free food!
- Free museum passes with your University ID card! Upcoming passes: The Newark Museum, Museum of the City of New York, The Guggenheim and The Montclair Art Museum.