Use your winter break wisely by continuing to search and apply for jobs and internships. In December and January many on-campus employers open spring applications for on-campus jobs and internships. Additionally, many off-campus employers hire for seasonal, part-time and internship positions.
Opportunities You Don’t Want to Miss
To apply for these jobs:
- Log into your Hire a Red Hawk account.
- Click Jobs > Search on the left hand navigation.
- Enter the posting number (listed next to the job title below) in the search bar and then click Search.
Montclair State Office of Alumni Engagement, Spring Student Affairs Internship (8789)
- The student affairs intern will work closely with all members of the Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving team gaining hands on experience in all aspects of the office’s student engagement and philanthropy programs, from developing strategy through planning / implementing programs and activities.
Montclair State University, Spring Human Rights Education Internship (8639)
- Work alongside human rights education professionals, conduct a research project on a human rights topic of their choice, and develop and teach a lesson plan on that topic in a local public school. Application Deadline: January 21, 2020.
Montclair State Office of Annual Giving, Student Development Officers (9040)
- Student Development Officers are charged with engaging and conversing with the University’s diverse alumni to inform them about current news and events and ask for donations to support Montclair State.
Montclair State IT Service Desk, Phone Support Technician (1732)
- As a Service Desk Student Technician, you should have the ability to provide professional customer service support as well as exhibit technical knowledge over the phone and in person.
Before You Go…
Newark Public Schools Info Session and Interviews
Come learn about positions available at Newark Public Schools and hear an overview of the district. Reps will be conducting on-campus interviews with interested students following the info session. Open to December graduates of all majors! Wednesday, December 11, 4-6 p.m., University Hall, Room 3054. Register Today!
U.S. Census Bureau Hiring Events
Stop by any of the upcoming Census Bureau hiring events to learn about the importance of the Census, available job opportunities with great pay and flexible hours, plus how to apply in person!
- Monday, December 16: 1-3:45 p.m., Center for Computing and Information Sciences, Room 147.
- Tuesday, December 17: 2:30-5:15 p.m., Center for Computing and Information Sciences, Room 224.
Reflect on Your 2019 Accomplishments
You’ve worked hard this past year; make sure that is reflected on your resume and public professional profiles! Add any new activities and experiences as well as skills and competencies you have gained or strengthened. Include relevant coursework and update your GPA!
Need help developing your resume and/or creating your Linkedin or Hire a Red Hawk profiles? Visit these resources:
- Complete your Hire a Red Hawk profile
- Use Resume Tools and Resources in Hire a Red Hawk
- LinkedIn Profile Checklist
Add these Items to Your Holiday Wish List
If someone is looking for a gift idea for you, why not ask for items that will help you look and feel professional and organized during your job search process? Here are a few ideas for gifts that help you invest in your future:
- Business card holder, business cards and/or thank you cards
- Wall calendar or daily planner
- Professional padfolio
- Business attire
The Center for Career Services will be closed beginning on Wednesday, December 25, 2019 and will reopen on Thursday, January 2, 2020. If you have any questions, please contact us at 973-655-5194 or email@example.com.