Yep…Free! What is free? MS Office to all Montclair State University students!
Programs included are: Word, Excel, Powerpoint and OneNote. Other programs are available for offline and online use to best prepare you for classes, too. As long as you’re a student here and the program continues, you’ll be able to use this software for FREE!
Get The Details
- Install on up to five compatible PCs and Mac’s, plus five tablets.
- Use with OneDrive for automatic device syncing.
- Use the same programs as your professors to ensure full file fidelity.
Get Microsoft Office Today!
For PC and Mac:
- Visit the Office in Education Website
- Click through to sign in with your school provided credentials
- On the installation page, select your language
For iOS and Android
- Download from your app store for iPad, iPhone or Android
- Sign in with your school credentials for full editing capability
You will need Montclair email address to sign in. Please Note: you will need to use your netid and then mail.montclair.edu address. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Having Trouble Installing?
If you have trouble installing Office, view the “Install Office On Your PC or Mac” guide.
Don’t Forget to Wifi!
Montclair State University students/faculty/staff can connect to the Internet, via WiFi through one of three wireless networks:
This is the recommended wireless network for all Montclair State University users because it provides enhanced protection for data that is transmitted to and from your wireless-capable device. Most modern laptops and other wireless devices are able to connect to this network.
A more open/non-encrypted wireless network this network is intended to be used only by older devices that are not capable of attaching to the MSU-Secure wireless network.
This network is intended only for temporary visitors to campus who do not have a University NetID. The MSU-Guest network is limited to providing convenient access to the Internet for web browsing and other common activities.
How Do I Connect?
You can connect to the MSU-Secure and MSU-WiFi networks using your Montclair State NetID and password.
To connect to MSU-Secure, just select it from the list of available networks on your device’s wireless menu:
- For Windows, click the wireless icon in the task bar.
- For MacOS click the wireless icon in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
It’s Ok To Accept: If you are prompted for a username and password to connect, enter your Montclair State NetID and password. It is ok to ‘accept/trust’ the security certificate if you are asked to do so.
If you have difficulty connecting to MSU-Secure, please see below for further instructions and assistance. If you don’t have time to troubleshoot and need to get on the wireless network immediately, you can still use the non-encrypted MSU-WiFi network by selecting it from your device’s wireless menu.
You can access set-up instruction for all three networks: Network Access and Registration.