Whether you are looking for a new job or need your resume critiqued, you can get the help you need from your computer or phone. Get started today with these online resources:
- Your favorite podcast is BACK! Get valuable career advice on the go from Career Services’ own Jeff Poulos and Adam Mayer. New episodes every Thursday.
- Download Symplicity Careers and Jobs app to quickly search, filter and apply for jobs right from your phone! See personalized job recommendations curated based on your interests.
- Upload your resume to Hire a Red Hawk and receive feedback from your Career Services office, all online!
- No calling or emailing needed. Simply sign in to your Hire a Red Hawk account to schedule an appointment with your career counselor.
- There are new full-time jobs, part-time jobs, summer/seasonal jobs and internships posted in Hire a Red Hawk every day. You can even set up a search agent to notify you when new jobs are posted!
- Focus-2 is a self-paced, online career and education planning tool designed to help you make decisions about career goals and education plans. Use access code “Redhawk.”
- Have a question on Hire a Red Hawk but the office is closed? These short, two-minute videos will walk you through how to use the different resources available in your account.
Spring 2020 Career and Internship Fairs
Attend one or all of our upcoming, industry-specific Career Fairs to connect with employers looking to hire candidates like YOU!
- Summer Jobs Fair: Wednesday, March 4, 2-4:30 p.m., Student Center, Ballrooms.
- Environmental & Science: Wednesday, March 18, 2-4 p.m., Student Center, Ballrooms.
- Government, Nonprofit & Law: Wednesday, March 25, 2-4 p.m., Student Center, Ballrooms.
- Arts, Communication and Entertainment: Wednesday, April 1, 3-5 p.m., Student Center, Ballrooms.
- Business, Sales & Technology: Wednesday, April 15, 2-4:30 p.m., University Hall, 7th Floor Conference Center.
Why Stress About Your Wardrobe?
You are career fair ready. You’ve prepared your elevator pitch, refined your resume and planned to which employers you want to talk. You’ve thought about everything else, but have you thought about looking your best? Don’t let this GOLDEN opportunity to pass you by.
On Sunday, March 22, 6:30-9:30 p.m., JCPenney is staying open after hours just for Montclair State students and their friends/family! Shop up to 60% off on career dress apparel, shoes, and accessories! Event open to alumni, current students, faculty and staff. RSVP Today!
- Hire a Red Hawk and Your Career: Wednesday, February 26, 1-2 p.m., Student Center, Room 417.
- Association of Latino Professionals For America (ALPFA) Info Session: Wednesday, February 26, 3:00 p.m., University Hall, Room 1020.
- Part-Time Job with the Census Bureau ($19.00 – $21.00/hour): Census Specialist are available every Wednesday until April 1, 1-5:30 p.m., Center for Computing and Information Science, Room 149, to assist you. (Just takes 15 minutes to apply!)
- Get Noticed: Effective Resume Writing: Wednesday, March 4, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Student Center, Room 419.