Photo of the Red Hawk statue.
News Students Can Use

Commencement and Convocations Will Be Postponed

Message to Campus Community from President Susan A. Cole.

Posted in: Academic, Announcements, Events, Featured News, Safety, Wellness

March 23, 2020

Dear Students:

Many of you have been eager to know what will happen this year in regard to Commencement and Graduation Convocations. It is now absolutely clear that, in order to protect the safety of the University community and others, and in accordance with Governor Murphy’s Executive Orders, it will not be possible to hold these events in May as planned.

However, I know how important graduation ceremonies are to our students and their families, so I want you all to be assured that we are not canceling them, we are, of necessity, postponing them. Because of the current health crisis, it is simply not possible to say when or how we will have these celebrations. What I can say is that, once the end of the health crisis is in sight, we will put a plan in place to let the Class of 2020 know how proud we all are of their accomplishments and to provide the opportunity for the celebration that they deserve.

For now, I hope you will all focus on completing your academic work this term, and, for those of you scheduled to graduate in May, even though we will not have the ceremony then, your degrees will officially be earned then.

In the meantime, I wish you and your families good health as we resume the Spring semester today.

Sincerely,

President Cole